Where to Metal Detect? Cobb County, GA

Tom-Cobb

Greenie
Jul 17, 2015
Marietta, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I live in Cobb County. I remember 10 to 12 years ago when my dad bought his first metal detector. He was so excited. He was testing it with different objects and reading the manual in front of me. We only used it during our camping and beach trips. We found trash, coins, and even a 6 pack of beer. Usually he would find the metal and I would dig. All and all we only used it 2 or 3 times a year. My dad only takes the metal detector to the beach now. Now I am interested and I realize now, why we didn’t use the metal detector more often. Cobb County has grown by leaps and bounds. I can’t think of one place nearby or in the middle of nowhere, where I can metal detect and not be run off or arrested for trespassing. Is there someone out there that I can partner with? I’d really appreciate it. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Tom

OP
OP
T

Tom-Cobb

Greenie
Jul 17, 2015
Marietta, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on checking the banks of Lake Allatoona in the winter when the water level is low!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Tom! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the show ... :headbang:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome.PNG Order this book from Garrett. Coin hunting.PNG It'll tell you where to hunt.

Last edited:

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom, I am sure that we can line up some good hunts in the future. When the time comes we can get some good intel on possible sites.

Semper Fi

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Tom-Cobb,

Welcome to the forum! Areas like school yards, local parks and any place people tend to gather may be good starting places to hunt.

Good Luck and enjoy the hobby.

Regards,

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread