Where to sell mercury?

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, I'm going through the never ending pile and found a jar of mercury that i put up several years ago. There is around a pint. It is in a sealed glass jar which is inside a larger plastic jar filled with styrofoam peanuts. I have no need of it and would love to sell it. Do you have any ideas of the value and where i can sell it. Thanks

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea, however you should check shipping regulations as I am pretty sure there will be some kind of rule about shipping it.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I have no idea, however you should check shipping regulations as I am pretty sure there will be some kind of rule about shipping it.
Find someone who is trying to bring back the 19th century hat making business. “Mad as a hatter” comes from that business. The mercury affected the hat makers brains eventually. Be VERY careful with it.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with a metals dealer. Back in the early 1970's I found an iron flask half full of mercury in an old mining camp. I contacted a metals dealer in Portland. I transported it to the dealer myself to sell it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions