WHERE TO START????

R

Rich

Well heres a overview of a farm im hunting currently,i know there is 2 more graveyards on the property aswell but havent looked for them yet,the farm has been there since the late 1700's and also since there is graves from the late 1680s/90s im sure theres a celler around or maybe the celler was filled in who knows...
My question to all you relic hunters is where would you start to look/detect?there is alot of land,also anyone who would like to try- see if you can see any signs of celler holes or things of that nature....
Any questions for me just ask!

Attachments

• franks.jpg
    franks.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 681
OP
OP
R

Rich

heres a pic of the farm from the roadway,notice its only the barns and not the house which is about 500 feet away from the barns...

Attachments

• IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 664

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Whats That White Stuff On The Ground ? It Looks Cold. Check Any High Ground Near Fresh Water Source's. Best Of Luck And Keep Us Posted. trk5capt...

S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

Just a word of caution, I wouldn't display any maps, photos, or aerial pics of the property you are hunting, solely for the fact that there ARE some people who will 'allow themselves' to hunt the property.

It's kinda like giving them an advantage on where to hunt, whether they have permission or not.

Just my 2 cents,
Ian

OP
OP
R

Rich

SouthCarolinaTeacher said:
Just a word of caution, I wouldn't display any maps, photos, or aerial pics of the property you are hunting, solely for the fact that there ARE some people who will 'allow themselves' to hunt the property.

It's kinda like giving them an advantage on where to hunt, whether they have permission or not.

Just my 2 cents,
Ian
im not worryed...but thanks for the warning////

jeff from east pa

Feb 13, 2006
if there's not an old well on the property. look for a spring or creek. detect along it. follow the wagon trail it may take you to a water source if it did they hauled there water. if by following it you come to a water source detect along it. and around that area. good luck. jeff

P

PHANTOM35

FRIST OF ALL , NICE PIC,S. AND FOR YOUR ?, I WOULD FOLLOW THE ROAD DOWN TO WHERE THE FOREST CLEARS OUT A LITTLE , AND START LOOKING FOR ANY THING OUT OF NORM? IN THE PIC THERE LOOKS LIKE A VERY SMALL CLEARING IN THE WOODS? AND AFTER THAT WALK THE WHOLE ROAD GOING TO THE GRAVE YARD,
YOU MAY JUST FIND WHAT YOU RAE LOOKING FOR ;D

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
I see a creek running through there to the north. Any old homestead would be at the high points near that creek. They needed a water source and sinking a well would be easier where the water drains too. As far as finding the right place, all you can do is swing and look for iron. Once you find the iron, your in the right area. If the farm dates back as far as you say, possible there won't be a trace you can see anymore.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check the fields it easy to loose something while working and old trees/woods are good spots for children to play..
Yes water is laways good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread