OP
OP
hey_ad_man

hey_ad_man

Mar 23, 2015
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
....and remember, he was sick, so where would you bury something like this if you were sick??:thumbsup:

I heard something like, two or three miles? I wonder if the story is even true? I heard about it from one of those lost treasure websites.. then some ol local boys on facebook posted the story, and once I sparked interest told me they found a gold coin 20+ years. Turned out they were yanking my chain about the coin.. makes me wonder if story is even real, ya know? I see you have Apple Pickers as your avatar.....

OP
OP
hey_ad_man

hey_ad_man

Mar 23, 2015
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_2656.JPG IMG_2660.JPG IMG_2659.JPG IMG_2657.JPG

I found this old hallowed tree with a broken plank stuffed inside. I dropped the detector inside and got a hit. Evaluating the ground around me, I noticed softball size cement rocks. After that, I noticed a nearby water tank. Then it got me thinking, I'm crazy for being our here, looking for a "treasure" haha! Then I started thinking, maybe the prospector hid it in the crevice of a tree where the branches leave the trunk. Haha! I highly doubt it even exist. Probably some ol country boys lookin to pull some chains haha

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If'n it aint around those rocks, then check the outhouse.

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, if he was weak & sick, it wouldn't be at the top of a hill. It also wouldn't be in a deep hole he had to dig. A weak old man, it seems to me, would find a rock he could... roll! Then roll BACK over his cache.

Just thinking out loud. (I'll be happy to take 10% if this works!)

OP
OP
hey_ad_man

hey_ad_man

Mar 23, 2015
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, if he was weak & sick, it wouldn't be at the top of a hill. It also wouldn't be in a deep hole he had to dig. A weak old man, it seems to me, would find a rock he could... roll! Then roll BACK over his cache.

Just thinking out loud. (I'll be happy to take 10% if this works!)
That's what I'm beginning to think.. good input.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the old days I am told a favorite spot was under the bedroom window. If a thief came in the night, digging might be heard in the bedroom. So that would be the first place I would look. trees near the house were also used as markers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread