Where would you go if you had the chance?

claydog65

Feb 16, 2008
I have the opportunity to take my wife and two teenaged boys on vacation for approximately 9 days. We are considering Arizona, Utah, Black Hills, Colorado, etc. If you had the chance, where would you go to explore and vacation at the same time ? Train, Plane, RV, Four Wheeler, or even Horseback are our options. Any help sure would be appreciated, this may be my last chance to do both!

Thank you fellow members!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With kids? You forgot Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Yosemite.... Arizona never really appealed to me. Especially in the summer~ :-\ Take them Garnet digging in Northern Idaho in the Emerald Creek area. Colorado is a Blast! :headbang: You should really see the Rockies once in your lifetime. . Towns like Estes Park, Leadville, Brek (Brekenridge), Frisco.... See Northern Montana! Northern Wyoming is a must. Every year my wife and I take a 2 week trip somewhere in the US. No plans, just drive. 2 Years ago it was The Tetons, and Yellowstone. In Yellowstone you can hire a covered wagon train pulled by horses to take you into the mountains. It was the highlight of our trip (other than my Trout fishing excursion and big fattie native brown trout) The tour and guide ends up at a camp with cowboys and cowgirls that prepare an all you can eat Steak and fixins dinner complete with cowboy coffee. Cowboys play guitars and sing while you enjoy the awesome meal.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where do you live now? Wyoming is beautiful country. I have had several of my friends from out of state come to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and had a great time. There is so much to see and do there. You can google it to see more info. They offer horseback riding, whitewater rafting, skiing and so much more. You may not see your wife for a while though as there is so much shopping. If you go stop by The Inn at Christmas Place and look around. It is a hotel decorated in Christmas theme year round. http://www.innatchristmasplace.com/ Also nearby is the Biltmore in Asheville, NC. Where ever you go I hope y'all have a great time.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Woodland Detectors said:
Colorado is a Blast! Yous should see the Rockies. Towns like Estes Park, Leadville, Brek (Brekenridge)
you would love the leadville area! so much to see and do!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Summer is not an ideal time for Central and Southern Arizona. We close down our operations between June and September, when heat can easily be 114.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you live near Chicago, you can do a two-day train ride to Sacramento. The California Zepher. The BEST part of the ride is the Rockies portion. Denver to Sac. EXCELLENT! Wake early! The Denver station will FILL THE TRAIN just for the look! They have Cars which are ALL GLASS from waist-high. That would be my choice! TTC

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the wife amd i hve seen a huge amount of this beautiful country (America) and all i have to say is the most important thing of all is DONT WAIT TOO LONG , LIFE IS SHORTER THAN YOU THINK suprdave

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALASKA that is where I would go. Lots of beautiful scenery & wildlife, plus can detect and pan for gold. What more could you ask for ......Matt

OP
OP
C

claydog65

Feb 16, 2008
Thank all of you who responded to my question july 23rd, I will try to let you all know where we choose to go. Thanks friends!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread