Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Where's George bills

Anytime I get 100-200 in $1's from the bank I seem to get at least 3-4 of them, but I haven't done that for awhile.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

I find them routinely and have had an account there since 2003. Interesting idea and I enjoy seeing my notes pop up in different areas.

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

A co-worker and I were JUST talking about these minutes ago... I posted one last week and he posted one today. I've passed up the chance to enter some in the past, but I think I'll be more diligent about it in the future.

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett

If you find any of these bills, make sure you enter them. It's fun, free, and easy.
Check it out - you might like it.

Hoose

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

is this still an active thing
Anyone still doing it?
A fad perhaps?
Ive been yet to find one, find it interesting

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett

bradyboy said:
is this still an active thing
Anyone still doing it?
A fad perhaps?
Ive been yet to find one, find it interesting

Yep! I am still active with WG, as are thousands of other people nationwide. If you enjoy these forums, you should check out the forums on wheresgeorge.com. Anyone who enjoys paper currency can definitely learn something there.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the reply
Ive yet to find one, when I do I will sign on to the site

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

I found my first one today and went to the site to register it.
It has gone 1700 miles so far.
I wasn't looking for it- It just jumped out at me with the bright stamp.
Cool idea.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island

I've entered a couple a long time ago and have found probably 50-60 of these bills so far. I've only entered 3-4 of them, and don't plan on entering anymore. I realize some people get kicks out of seeing how far their money has traveled, but I don't have the time or get the enjoyment out of it personally to make me keep up with it. I find too many of those bills.

On a side note... did ya'll know they used to sell the stamps on their site so that people could create their own bills but stopped because they got yelled at by big brother... that was what I had been told anyway. Anyone know where they stand on stamping new bills these days?

~Dave

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have only found one $1 bill. I went to the web site and entered the info to log its whereabouts. It took almost a year to make it's way from St. Louis Missouri to Chicago Illinois. I was on a work computer so I didn't register (I wish I did, that way I could keep track of its progress). Next time I find one, I will register. I think its a very cool idea, hopefully I will come across another one soon.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you all think that they may be collectible in the future....I've been saving them just in case

HH
-GC

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have only ever found one. I registered it but its been in my safe since I found it (about 2 years ago).

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldencoin said:
Do you all think that they may be collectible in the future....I've been saving them just in case

HH
-GC

LOL - Why would you save them? Back when the wheresgeorge web site started you could buy the stamp and stamp as many notes as you wanted, they will never be worth anything over 1 dollar. Just release them so others can have some fun with them. :tongue3:

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I found about 3 or 4 about a year ago. I entered them on the site and everything. Have not found one since then. :icon_scratch:

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett

TreasureFiend said:
goldencoin said:

HH
-GC

LOL - Why would you save them? Back when the wheresgeorge web site started you could buy the stamp and stamp as many notes as you wanted, they will never be worth anything over 1 dollar. Just release them so others can have some fun with them. :tongue3:

Thank you! They are not worth anything over a dollar. The point of stamping the bills is to tell people to enter the bills on the site. Then the "stamper" can track the bill where it goes. If you are saving them, you are killing someones bill journey and the chance for the person to get "hits" on their bills. Do someone a favor and release those poor George hostages.

I can sell you as many of these stamped bills as you want. $1.50 each ::)

Anyone who loves currency needs to get over to the wheresgeorge.com forums. You will love it.

HH
cmhoose

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread