Wheres GEORGE on $1. bill

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Where's GEORGE on $1. bill

It's been a long time since seeing one, but has anyone seen the RED rubber stamp "Where's GEORGE" on the $1. bill lately. It's used by the gov't to track usage and travels of selected serial numbered bills. If you find one, it's fun to go on line to see where the bill has been, and then add your own info (date, city, state). Try it the next time you come across one while CHR.

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Where's GEORGE on $1. bill

I' ve done 6-8 of them but haven't run across one in over a year or so , I liked tracking them .

Mac

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always check them online when I find them. But it isn't done by the government to track them. Just a neat group to join and see where they end up. You can actually order the stamps on their website and do it yourself.
HH
enamel7

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

and i am part of that group.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I could care less where a dollar has been, but I can tell in today's economy it won't go far :laughing9:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I haven't seen one in close to a year myself and I go through a lot of $1 bills.

C

Cappy Z.

diggummup said:
I haven't seen one in close to a year myself and I go through a lot of $1 bills.

...of course you go through a lot of $1 bills...on Fridays...when you get paid. :laughing9:

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains

I always go on line and update the status of any "WG" bill I come accross. I try to be creative like "received in change from strip club in Groveland FL" or "stolen from a piggy bank in Chattahoochee FL". I know it isn't right and kind of defeats the purpose of doing it. I do think it makes the whole process more interesting though.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Rooter said:
I always go on line and update the status of any "WG" bill I come accross. I try to be creative like "received in change from strip club in Groveland FL" or "stolen from a piggy bank in Chattahoochee FL". I know it isn't right and kind of defeats the purpose of doing it. I do think it makes the whole process more interesting though.
Rooter,I ain't never see no mountains in Florida,and I was born there!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Rooter said:
"stolen from a piggy bank in Chattahoochee FL".

The government can track your IP address, and may falsely accuse you of theft.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WG is one of the first sites I joined in the late 90s. It's weird but the bills I encounter usually have no history. :dontknow:

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains

Yes, but they're also reading this right now and know that it's a just ridiculous entry on a ridiculous website that tracks Dollar bills as they travel around the country. I don't think it's very high on the priority list. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Worldtalker, you've never been to Lake County. I live on the highest point in FL! If the entire state starts to sink under water I will have an extra 3 minutes to decide what I'm gonna do. :laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

worldtalker said:
Rooter said:
Rooter,I ain't never see no mountains in Florida,and I was born there!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
There's several mountains down here in S. Fl., there manmade and stink like hell, and the turkey buzzards are circling heavy around them. We call 'em landfills.

Cappy Z. said:
diggummup said:

...of course you go through a lot of $1 bills...on Fridays...when you get paid. :laughing9:
Yeah, yeah, the good ole days, when we were wild and free, I don't miss it. Nowadays I hear the $5 is the new $1, or so i've been told. :laughing9:

PS- I knew I was leaving myself open for that one when I typed it!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I seen a few. never bothered to track them, just don't care where they have been...as long as they aren't carrying bubonic plague or something on them :laughing9:

But lately I have not seen any of those stamps.

easier to just write something on a bill. and let that person wonder, why in the heck did that person write THAT on this bill....like "I been watching you at your bedroom window last night" :hello2: let them stew on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread