rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet it fits real nice in his hand and its a steal of a deal on the price to:happysmiley:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some of the stuff I've seen here. You shouldn't have brought it to my attention, Uncle Mac, 'cause now we gonna have us a bidding war!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bid the most. In the second picture, you can see what the rock really is. It's a fossilized Grinch face! Bid away! Very rare.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a perfect fit for his hand....must be real.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wow...just wow...

"Offered for auction IS A very rare AND beautiful effigy bird stone , very old about 4-5,000 years old , A UNIQUE STONE IN THAT it is sculpted from beautiful polished SAND stone , it would have been painted bright colors when it was created, very rare, to be carried or placed in a special place. Effigy stones were held in high esteem by the ancients, they were held sacred as they believed that these effigies may enhance the hunt if they were honored in such a way as to be physically present, seen and displayed amongst the people. This one is a , beautiful work of art, because of it's lovely shape, one that you must add to your collection, It is guaranteed authentic for life, I found it while surface hunting on my own private property in South Eastern Kentucky., Laurel Co., Ky., no caves, graves or any sacred sites disturbed , measurements are 2" wide by 1 1/2 " high by 1/2 " thick . My effigies and petroglyphs are unique and unusual, not many others can offer these artifacts. They will paper any where in the world. A bird stone which is a fabulous piece of history , made of SAND stone and contains 3 different birds in petroglyph form ."

https://www.ebay.com/sch/barba-locka/m.html?item=302414632624&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe I should just be selling all these rocks I keep digging up putting in my fence post, wonder if they actually sell anything? haha

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good prices on those birdstones for being so rare. Has some good creek wear on them so good they dont even look altered.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2017-08-23-20-15-23.png im saving up for a real artifact !!! Even comes with a nest. That bird stone doesn't have a nest.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unreal what people will try
To sell and even more unbelievable that somebody will buy it

You got that right. It's all about "supply and demand". When there's no one ignorant enough to to buy a worthless cure for something the snake oil salesmen disappear.
For a moment, I was ready to say, it wasn't that much different a hundred and 120 years ago, when there were 100's of different elixirs on the market to cure-whatever ales you. However that would've been a bad analogy. Why?
Because the most of those elixirs contained 20-30% grain alcohol.
The fact is, most who drank them weren't so ignorant as to believe that they were actually cures, they just found their sufferings not as unbearable under the influence of alcohol.
And of course, there were others (fundamentalists and pietist Christians) who having been taught that alcoholic consumption was a sin, except when used for medicinal purposes .
My grandmother is a good example. She'd been taught that alcohol was evil unless for medicinal purposes , but she ALWAYS kept a large supply on hand, but only for medicinal purposes
Funny thing is, she was always coming down with something and needing some medicine!
If there's a moral to this story,I guess it is just to say that way to great of a percentage of people now days are a bunch of mind dumb robots.
At least grandma new what she was really paying for?

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
don't forget that a lot of those cures had a morphine base too...opiates don't cure TB but they DO take the cough away and allow asthmatics to breath clear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread