wheres the gold

youngdizzy

Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where's the gold

Ok so i got out panning a couple days ago ina little creek by my house im gettin material from under a undercut bank an a full 14" pan would yield about half a pan of black sand so i start dumping into a bucket got half a 5 gal bucket b4 it got to heavy lol anyways i come home run it thru the bucket sluice an not a trace of gold. Lots of other heavys but no gold. Should i keep trying or find another creek

Upvote 0

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dizzy,
It sound to me that if you are digging in an undercut bank you may be on the wrong side of the creek. Are you digging on the inside bend? If you are then dig deeper. If you have alot of black sand remember gold is twice as heavy as bs and will be mixed with it and below it. Dig around and under large boulders in and out of the creek. Gravel bars on inside bends should be checked. Also remember blacksand is usually found with gold but gold isn't always found with blacksand. Keep sampling at different spots. You will eventually hit gold if you keep at it. I am assuming you are in gold country. Hope this helped.

Good Luck!
B H Prospector

OP
OP
youngdizzy

youngdizzy

Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The part of the creek is kinda str8 an one side of the bank is under cut an no im in va

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread