Which banks allow buying halves?

jheuerman

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this and I'm starting with halves. However, I've come across a problem. All the banks I go to say they will not let me buy boxes of halves because they dont allow noncustomers to do that or they have a really low limit. So my question is, which banks out there allow me to buy boxes without having to have an account?

Thanks

Upvote 0

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teller to teller: Different. :icon_thumright:
Branch to branch: Different. :icon_thumleft:
Bank to bank: Different :icon_thumright:
City to city: Different. :icon_thumleft:
Region to region: Different :icon_thumright:

:sign13: :icon_sunny: Your experience now to your experience later: Decided by you. :icon_sunny: :sign13:

I suggest reading this for starters! :read2: :icon_study: :read2:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,54523.0.html

Welcome to the forum! :tongue3:

-K

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Friendly Suggestion and very cheap.
Go to fridge, take out cold beverage of your choice, find a comfortable chair, a telephone and a phonebook.
Look up banks and start calling. Ask for the vault teller or an assistant manager. Ask them if they can order halves for you and if they charge any fees.
Make good notes and depending upon your research, you should have plenty of banks to go visit.
Unless you live in BFE, there should be plenty of banks to choose from.
Most banks would like you to at least have an account with them but not all of them.

Don't ever be afraid of asking questions here, we all had to start somewhere. JP

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so open some accounts! seems logical to me, you want the service of the bank be a member of the bank!

Zephr

Oct 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I get my boxes of halves from a Chase bank in my area and I don't have an account there. I think they're assuming I have an account since I always use phrases like, "I'll buy the box with cash today instead of filling out a form for a withdraw". If they ever do find it, it might not be pretty :help:

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Go open an account-
If you want a free checking with a LOW to NO required minimum try a credit union or a bank that has 3-4 local branches. I have recently been to two bank chains that truly have free checking and good customer support trying to attract the local market! Just do some research, and open some accounts. I have 7 now, the more good bank accounts you have, the more places you can dump and more pickup banks!
You can never have too many good dump banks(Learned that from CnC)!
N8

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread