Which beach in Fl and what month?

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
O.K, I know you don't want to spill the beans on a cherry hunting spot but if you have some advice I would really appreciate it!
Last year we went to Pensacola during June. I found pull tabs and clad with an ace 250 but not a single piece of jewelry. My main mission is to find rings, I am a jewelry nut!
We have not set a date or location for our next trip to FL. Did we pick the wrong month? Someone on TNET told me last year that the beaches get new sand every spring and that may be why we did not find any jewelry. We drive so I would like to stay near the top of the state but I'm really flexible on the date.
What is your opinion? :coffee2:

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I find rings at Fort Walton Beach, but most of my ring finds have come out of the water. I have a hard time searching the beach area as there is A LOT of trash on the beach from cigarette wrappers, small pieces of aluminum (can slaw), to pull tabs. That creates a lot digging to find that elusive ring. If you have the patience you should be able to find a ring. Your timing was okay, but one thing I have notices about FWB is the retirees that live in the condos have metal detectors and are out on the beach every day is seems. So you get to find what they leave behind.

Cal

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Since the competition is pretty stiff down here you might want to upgrade your detector to one that will go deeper, handle the wet sand better and one that you can really stick a large coil on to cover more ground

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread