Which Camera Do You Use?

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning guys! I want to start videoing my hunts and was wondering what brand and model you guys use? I have a AT Pro and really want to take the cam on the water hunts so I guess I'm looking for a water proof cam.... Also what mounts are the best and do you mount your cam on the MD or someone on you? Thanks in advance guys and God Bless.... Happy Hunting!!

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look into the Go Pro... It has waterproof cases and various mounts available. Also high speed setting for slow motion shots.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using a emerson sports cam its not a go pro but its got good quality, also when you buy it as a kit it comes with a helmet strap,handle bar option which fits nicely right in the detectors rod, has a screen,can do videos or still pics,also comes with the waterproof case for rainy days or under water shots, definetly a great first start if you want to see if shooting ur hunts is even something you want to get into there about $60-$75 so ur not spending over $300 & come to find out u might not like doin vids

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my search I found a few cameras. Emerson Action Camera, Vivitar Black DVR 787HD, and the SJ4000. The reviews of the Emerson and Vivitar are not very good. The both cost between $40 and $60. The SJ4000 seems to be a decent camera and costs around $120 which is still cheaper than the GoPro.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya like I said its a decent camera,comes with quite abit the video quality really isn't bad at all, but its not in the class really with a go pro, but will do the job. That would be like comparing a ace 250 to the Atpro both decent but on different levels, both will get the job done. Especially if ur just thinking u might want to do the vids I myself would rather drop $60 try it if I like it then get something good verse if I don't like it, to get everything that comes with the Emerson ur looking at $300 easy

OP
OP
D

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did some looking at the sj4000 action camera and it can hold it on against the Go Pro 3.... Stone do you have this cam?

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No I don't sorry. I just did a little research and found it. I'm also looking into getting a camera so I can make some videos of my hunts. From what I read, the SJ4000 looks like a decent camera and has some good reviews. eBay has it with the waterproof case and a bicycle mount.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the camera on the I-phone,but other than that check out Craigslist/pawn shops.

Diggin4nails

Feb 16, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Teknetics Delta 4000
I used a Sony handy Cam HD. It's super small and light weight. The battery last all day and the video quality is excellent. 1080p quality.

Diggin4nails

Feb 16, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Not that I know of. Look on Bestbuy's website. I purchased mine from them.

Diggin4nails

Feb 16, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
If I was to buy a waterproof camera I would get the Go Pro. It's pricy but you can't go wrong with purchasing it.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You could also get a Kodak Playsport. I picked up a nice ZX-5 on fleabay for $40. Waterproof to 10'. I also have a GoPro. I don't use either that much because filming and hunting is a PAIN! Your mileage may vary..

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just recently bought a Pivothead, POV camera. They are on special right now, so it is the time to buy, plus you get a 25% off accessory coupon when you purchase the glasses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions