• The old currency we used to have, 1995 and earlier i think

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Im not sure which i would preffer. I like the new bills we have, there very decorative with the colors and different shapes and immages on the bills. But, theres something about those old bills that have a nice look to them. What do you think?

(Maybe its just the old ones seem nicer because im used to them) (I like the new ones because of the colors though also)

-CC

Attachments

• bill 50 old.jpg
    bill 50 old.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 672
  • bill 50 old 2.jpg
    bill 50 old 2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 659
OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I had a lot more pictures of old and new bills bit there not posting. Sorry! Everyone here remmembers the old ones right? And i know we all know what the new ones look like.

-CC

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i collect both...

HH
-GC

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia
it really doesn't matter to me. i like the old stuff because its old, and i like the new stuff because its money. and i like money, new or old.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
low xtreme said:
it really doesn't matter to me. i like the old stuff because its old, and i like the new stuff because its money. and i like money, new or old.

I agree, But I like the Bigger Denomination Bills More.

of course alot of the Smaller Denomination ones work too

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
jeff of pa said:
low xtreme said:

I agree, But I like the Bigger Denomination Bills More.

of course alot of the Smaller Denomination ones work too
LOL... the bigger, the better!
If the new designs help prevent counterfeiting, then I'm all for them. I also like the new colors and designs, especially on the $50.

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks everyone!

I must admit, the new ones do look pretty neat. The old ones are just what i used for the past 15 years so im used to them.
Thanks for the thoughts!

-CC

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I personally like just about any note previous to the new stuff that came out a few years ago. I love the older stuff like educational notes. Black eagles are my fav. So old it is. The new $10's are nice though.

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Funny that you mention the black eagle notes, those are one of my favorites!

What are everyones thoughts on the funnyback notes?

I knid of like the look of them.

-CC

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i prefer any kind of currency, as long as its in my pocket! ;D

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Coolcash,
Funnyback notes are nice, and they offer one little distinct difference in silvers that kind of look similar at quick glance at least. Those big letters "ONE" are very unique. Black eagles I think are beautiful notes, and probably one of the more affordable large size notes besides the 1923 and 1917 $1 notes in conditions of XF or above.

Cerulean

Dec 1, 2006
Washington, DC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the moment, I've got all three generations of $20 bills living in my wallet. The 1985 bill is the oldest one I've seen in five years. Check 'em out side-by-side for yourself... note the changes in Jackson's collar.

twentyfront.jpg

Wpg_Lwr

Apr 18, 2007
Cerulean said:
... note the changes in Jackson's collar.

Actually, if you look back at the older twenties, from say the 30s on, you notice Jackson's fingers disappearing.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering the purpose behind all the changes of the faces of currency... is it to provide interest and bring attention back to it? Or, is it to make it more important to people in how they probably view it these days?
Either case, I got absolutely laughed at and almost rejected a purchase when I first tried to use one of the new $10 bill I received from an ATM! It was pretty ridiculous, to say the least... and the only reason they took it was because someone came out from the back after hearing all the laughter and said that they too came across the new bills just the other day. Definitely made me feel awkward when they were saying it looked like Monopoly money and asked if I was serious in trying to pay with it.
It really does strike me odd that there's been two changes in the look of the bills in my short lifetime?

Bran <><

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Its to prevent counterfeiting. The more and advnaced changes made, the harder it is to illegally copy the currency.

-CC

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Was at a pizza joint cruz in the other night and the teeny boppers in the next booth were having a competition with bills.They were peeling the sides and sliding out the little black tape with the denomination printed on it thats laminated in the bill.I flashed um my wallet and said they were under investigation for destruction of government property and I'd have to impound the evidence.It didn;t work , they kept their money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread