Which detector is the most sold in the US?

xplrer

Dec 14, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
DFX, Eagle 2, Bandido 2 umax, Ace 250,White's Surf PI
I am a die hard White's fan....but I have to say after getting used to the Ace 250 it is an awesome machine.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
For the money, the ACE 250 can't be beat. Look at all the members here who have them in their profiles.

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the Ace250 is a better machine and a better value, I have no doubt that the best selling machine would be a bounty hunter for the mere fact that they are sold in Wal-mart and other retail stores which are more readily available for purchase by unaware parents who are buying them for their kids.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
because of price -most likey bh tracker IV --however ACE 250 very popular

and popular by more seasoned folks, but often the BH 'ers are the workhorses that help many folks buy the bigger better machines and some folks even keep em for back ups or loaners.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nathan104 said:
Although the Ace250 is a better machine and a better value, I have no doubt that the best selling machine would be a bounty hunter for the mere fact that they are sold in Wal-mart and other retail stores which are more readily available for purchase by unaware parents who are buying them for their kids.

I'll have to say a SMOKE detector is the most sold detector in the USA. :D
It looks like the Ace 250 has a ton of faithful followers on this site.
I agree with Nathan. A guy I work with just bought a Bounty Hunter at Dick's Sporting Goods, because it was there on the shelf, and he wanted one NOW. He just didn't want to order one and wait. I recommended the Ace 250 to him because of all the great responses on it, plus the lower price.
Just my 2 cents. (not wheat cents)
-MM-

C

Clam Digga

Kudos on the SMOKE DETECTOR -MM-

I'll follow that up with the CO DECTECTOR in 2nd place and a STUD DETECTOR in 3rd place.

.......Just goes to show ya that the most sold isn't gonna getcha the most gold .........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Quality Not Quantity.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweet taste of a low price disappears! "

Peace Everyone

fishboymike

Jul 21, 2005
Athens, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 pro
Although I love my 250 til I found out if I liked the hobby or not , now I want a goooood one next, But in the end its probably the Walmart thing that takes BH to the top.

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
YooY said:
Dear everyone,

I have a question, which detector is the most sold in the US?
There is an opinion that Bounty Hunter VLF is sold most. Do all of you think that it is true? THE TOP SELLERS ARE WHITES,GARRET,BOUNTY HUNTER, THE ACE 250 BY GARRET AND THE XLT BY WHITES ARE THE MOST POPULAR I THINK....THE XLT WAS WHITES TOP DETECTOR FOR A WHILE..BEFORE DFX..AND IS STILL A GOOD SELLING ITEM FOR WHITES..I BET YOU COULD GET EXACT PRODUCTION NUMBERS IF YOU ASKED THEM!!!

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well in the land of the Bluenose

From the land of the Bluenose.....have 5 machines now and all Garretts with the addition of the 250. Minelab the big craze here in the Maritimes especially since there are so many fields to do. Can't iagie humping one of those through the forest trails or around the cliffs and montains that i do! Happy hunting all!

G

garbage digger

I'll have to say a SMOKE detector is the most sold detector in the USA. :D

:D Now that is some funny stuff right there!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my guess Bounty Hunter is the most sold due to their marketing
tactics. Wallmart, radio shack etc.
"mommy. Daddy... I wan't a Detector" usually works ;)
and so does instinct buying. Seeing it while your there
and Buying, because it's there.

However if you were going for most sold top of the line,

I'd say Whites & then Minelab

Most Recommended Bottom Line. is definately the 250 by Garrett
at least it appears that way here

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Welcome to Treasurenet YooY... I see this is your first post! We all look forward to hearing from you again, and seeing some of your finds if you treasure hunt!

Cripes... another post that ends up bashing the BHs...

If Garrett started to realize how popular the ACE 250 is and contracted with K-Mart to "sell them to the masses" at a great cost savings because of volume increase - would you all stop using it and start talking down that machine too? Oh and btw... if you own a Fisher Detector, Fisher Labs is now also owned by First Texas Holdings who owns Bounty Hunter...

Hopefully they don't turn those wonderful Fisher Machines into those crappy BHs... (insert sacrasm emoticon here)

This is just food for thought!

Please don't re-hash the same arguments to me about BHs... I've already read a zillion BH hating posts.

Thank for reading... :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
Welcome to Treasurenet YooY... I see this is your first post! We all look forward to hearing from you again, and seeing some of your finds if you treasure hunt!

Cripes... another post that ends up bashing the BHs...

If Garrett started to realize how popular the ACE 250 is and contracted with K-Mart to "sell them to the masses" at a great cost savings because of volume increase - would you all stop using it and start talking down that machine too? Oh and btw... if you own a Fisher Detector, Fisher Labs is now also owned by First Texas Holdings who owns Bounty Hunter...

Hopefully they don't turn those wonderful Fisher Machines into those crappy BHs... (insert sacrasm emoticon here)

This is just food for thought!

Please don't re-hash the same arguments to me about BHs... I've already read a zillion BH hating posts.

Thank for reading... :)

Actually I don't see anyone Bashing BH just stating opinions
on the Question at hand ;)

OH. & what would happen if Garrett put the 250's In stores ?
They would Increase Sales.
Cause People would like the

"Pretty Yellow Color" :D

P.S.

My Problem isn't with Bounty Hunter Products.
My Problem is People Buying at a store & not getting any
Direction on Proper Digging, Searching Etc.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know who sells the most detectors, but I care about the Bounty Hunters or any metal detector sold in a big box store by a kid with a ring in his nose that doesn't know beans about the product or how to tell new comers how to retrieve a target. I've seen Garretts in a BPS store and they had dust on the boxes.

One reason more aren't sold in big box stores is the price is fixed by manufactures. Ever notice nobody sells a detector more than a couple dollars below what you find them selling at all over. Where is the super discounts, slashed prices, clearance sales?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread