Which detector to take to Florida beaches?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you aren't going in the water, either one will work. If you decide to detect the wet shore, the cz3d. If not, take the one you work best with.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Take them both.

Let's not discriminate, shall we?

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CZ-3D, allows you to detect the dry sand and wetsand without any depth loss, depth is everything on the beach ! The AT-Pro will have minimal depth in the salty wetsand, where a large portion of the jewelry and good finds are. Just keep in mind to carry a large ziplock bag to cover the CZ-3D if you are hunting by the wetsand for a number of hours or if you suspect rain. Also the CZ-3D is a bit heavy, i swing my CZ-20 for a max of 7 hours before my arm starts to b---tch.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i swing my CZ-20 for a max of 7 hours before my arm starts to b---tch.

Young whipper snappers make me sick. After 3 hours of swinging my light detector I have to go home and take a nap.:BangHead::laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Young whipper snappers make me sick. After 3 hours of swinging my light detector I have to go home and take a nap.:BangHead::laughing7:

Hell, I've fallen asleep while detecting.

I woke up and had 3 seagulls roosting on my coil. One had a metal band on his leg, which is the only thing that woke me up.

It hit a gold tone when he landed.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Comedy gold, made my day LOL :laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garrett AT pro and a Fisher cz3d. Not really planning on going into the water, but staying on the sand. Which detector would you take and why. I have more experience with Garrett AT pro. Thanks in advance.
With only those two to choose from, I'd take the CZ3D.....it gets a bit more depth and is more stable toward the wet sand than the AT Pro.

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garrett AT pro and a Fisher cz3d. Not really planning on going into the water, but staying on the sand. Which detector would you take and why. I have more experience with Garrett AT pro. Thanks in advance.

The CZ3D I would take

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Hell, I've fallen asleep while detecting.

I woke up and had 3 seagulls roosting on my coil. One had a metal band on his leg, which is the only thing that woke me up.

It hit a gold tone when he landed.

If you believe anything GIB has to say then I've got some beach front property in Nebraska to sell you.

Last time we detected in Florida he followed behind me and found silver coins in my holes! Worst part is that he kept coming up and showing me all the stuff he found that I had missed everywhere I went. Lousy, rotten, no good....

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that wasn't one of the two choices......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions