Which detector would you choose?

NCHermit

Dec 15, 2005
Hello All!I've been doing a bit of beach hunting lately and really like the easy to dig deal.Problem
is,my land detector isn't water/salt proof.So I'm looking at getting a water machine soon.I think
I've narrowed the search to 3 machines.Whites beach hunterID,Tesoro Tigershark,Fisher1280x.
I want the machine to do dry sand,wet sand,and in the salt water.Does any one have experience
with any or all of these machines?Which one will go the deepest on small targets?Which of the 3
would you choose,and why?

Upvote 0

Warren(Ont)

Jan 24, 2006
Brantford , Ont
The 1280 is very good but does chatter when in the froth line at the waters edge. Unfortunately Fisher just discontinued the CZ20 , but if you can get your hands on one of these , it is highly recommended. I wouldn't use any other in the water . It is good for beach as well, it's deep and sensitve with 4 different audio sounds.
Try it , you'll like it.
Warren

Attachments

• 2004-101-DaytonaBeach-Winnings1.jpg
    2004-101-DaytonaBeach-Winnings1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 406

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Minelab Excalibur can be hipmounted for land use and is one of the best in the water, read reviews in minelab sites or reviews in this forum. seeya neilo

OP
OP
NCHermit

NCHermit

Dec 15, 2005
Yes excal and cz20 the standard answer!Problem is both are way out of the price range.
I know they are both great detectors but I cannt see it happening.Thus the Question.
Which would be the best of these 3???
Whites beach hunterID
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Fisher 1280x.
They all are similar in price,reviews and such.Which of the 3 listed?

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
You might want to look into buying a Detector Pro Headhunter Pulse. I have owned one for about 8 months and love it more each time I use it. I had a Beach Hunter ID and didn't like it, this is the detector I am going to stick with, easy to use and because it is a PI unit you can work around the salt water with no problems. I only have one problem I get tired of digging nickels at 12 to 14 inches! Since I have been using it I have found 2 diamond rings about 6 silver rings 1 sterling neckless, 1 14k pendent and lots of coins.

Attachments

• rings also.JPG
    rings also.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 322

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
The beach hunter ID is a great machine for the beach. Has three different tones Iron , gold and aluminum range , and coin. Works like a champ in the salt water and on wet sand. It is priced mid range and is a good machine for the money. I had a tiger shark it was great in fresh water but I did not like it in the salt. If I had to chose from those three I would say the Beach hunter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread