Which Highbanker is best for Ga./N.C. soil

kdfritton

Jun 12, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites MXT
OK: I am truely on the learning curve and thank you all for your previous responses. Classifying the concentrates at home is what I meant to say (yeah right!!) In my prev. post Ha..Anyway we dont have a stream on our wauka mountain 12 acres so we will be taking about 10 buckets back to Fl. Just to go through it to see the content ie. gold/no gold. and in the future we plan on hitting streams in Ga/Nc with Sluces/Highbanker anddddd thennnn taking the concentrates home to do the final working..Ha..Anyway,,What is the best bang for the buck for that type of soil/clay etc..I really am new at this stuff..but I am sooo excited....Dan

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A small highbanker that you can put up in a small recirculating system that way you'd only need to haul some water even if it's not available on site.

I have often heard that Honcoop are kinda the Cadillacs of highbankers. Look into the if you've got the $$$.
http://honcoophighbanker.com/

The gold buddys are also good though not the same quality as the Honcoop.

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Keene high-banker combo. you can shovel the over burden into the hopper and then when you get down to the bedrock then you can use the dredge attachment to suck up the gold hiding in the cracks and crevices. This is one of the most efficient and versatile pieces of gold getting equipment on the market. but its down side is it can be a Little difficult to get back into some remote places. And then a smaller backpack type of setup would be alot better just depends on where you are planning on going. Good luck on your adventures.
Steve

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah a combo is good if you can it to your gold bearing location(s). Else it just adds extra weight even if it ain't much. The HB-17 offered by Honcoop is really good to I've been told have not had a chance to run mine yet. :(

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
I ditto Steve's and other's suggestions. I built my equipment and have lived in N.Ga and NC.
A four wheel may work for trans. to your camp site. Work the area using a GPS for each bucket you get, bring it back to the camp and get rich there I hope. I would set up an operation at my camp, then if I make a find I move to the find if possible.

In that area I would get one of those lanterns with the two lights and replace them with the black lite bulbs, they are the same style. At night check the stuff in your classifier for gems, lots of gem stone in that area. There are two diff. black light ,
different freq wave length, I would get both and get a book that gives you pictures of what you are looking at. If gold is not found you may get gem lucky.

I have a serious illness and I am going to Arizona next month for my health. There is no cure for Gold Fever but I think this trip will ease my suffering.You have a good trip and get lots of exercise, don't forget to dig till you get blisters.... Gnewt

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a serious illness and I am going to Arizona next month for my health. There is no cure for Gold Fever but I think this trip will ease my suffering.You have a good trip and get lots of exercise, don't forget to dig till you get blisters.... Gnewt

lol why don't we start a hospital that specializes in Gold fever treatment. ;D

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cynangyl said:
Shhhhh We don't really want to get any better! ;)
aw...I hate when your right! ;D ;D ;D

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gnewt said:
Me three, I'm seeing double I think. Gnewt
Did you forget your glasses again??? lol

But it may depend on how many flake(s) of gold you got in the pan..
(you may not see double but you've got 2 or 3 flakes)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread