Which is better??

Deep Seeker

Oct 6, 2003
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XS-2a Pro, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had a Minelab Sovereign and Tesoro Compadre for about 5 years now am looking into an underwater one. I am more interested in the Tesoro Sand Shark or the Minelab Excalibur 1000. I would only go about waist to chest deep in the water, or mainly stay in just the wet salt sand. Can anyone give me any pros or cons for these detectors. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MrWizard said:
I have had a Minelab Sovereign and Tesoro Compadre for about 5 years now am looking into an underwater one. I am more interested in the Tesoro Sand Shark or the Minelab Excalibur 1000. I would only go about waist to chest deep in the water, or mainly stay in just the wet salt sand. Can anyone give me any pros or cons for these detectors. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think you have a little more thinking to do because you're comparing apples and oranges. (Pulse induction "PI"detector vs Multi. freq) They are far different, so the type of unit you need has to be decided before you start shopping. You really have to understand the difference to make a good choice as pulse units can be a very bad choice for some areas/sites. The Tesoro Tiger Shark would be a better comparison if looking at those two brands.

For the record I'm not a beach hunter but an excal. would definitely be my choice for the salt water here. I actually did have a Sandshark for a while, would not be my choice in a PI if buying again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread