Which MD Would You Choose???

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is pros and cons to every detector and they all depend upon the users knowledge about the unit and whether or not they are using it to its full potential and also where it is on the globe that you are detecting is a huge factor as well. The educated detectorist could find more with an ACE 250 than an uneducated detectorists could find with a 5k dollar machine.The question is to vague to give a semi accurate OPINION on a detector. Talk with some of the forum vendors about the detector you plan to buy and what it is you are looking for,type of areas that you hunt,etc.Most any of these vendors on here will give you the run down on any machine they sell.

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Lucky, I guess what I meant to say was if you were (hypothetically by law) only allowed to own 1 MD, which one would someone prefer to own? Didn't mean to get into a lengthy conversation about expirence with detectors or manufactures specs. BTW, I'm planning on buying the Garrett 350 around the 1st week of October..

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T2 SE would be my choice,No real reason why other than the boost/cache mode and i want it for the extra inche or three it may provide,hit some of my old beat out spots with it.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I say Fisher CZ21, best all around machine out there for the money, dual frequency, excellent three tone audio, super pp with awesome detune, super sensitive (doubly so in autotune all metal mode), broad resolution gb and sense adjustment, loves iron, can handle salt, waterproof to 250 feet, probably the lightest rig out there when hip mounted, never misses a trick, no screen, four knobs, has almost twenty years of production so the thing is ultra-engineered and practically bulletproof. I would travel the world with it. It's a beast.

Last edited:

tonyc10k

Sep 7, 2012
Georgetown ky
Detector(s) used
Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minelabs etrac. i got to play with one the other day and its a nice detector. i am going to have to buy one since after using it. it makes my bounty hunter seem like it lies to me

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks All.. That's all I wanted, just a little friendly discussion.. Keep it up people...

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Whites V3i. The service if needed is second to none. A variety of coils to put on it. It can be as complicated as you like or run on factory preset programs.:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread