Which metal detector??

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys and girls, I am fairly new not too new already had a bounty hunter junior. But want to upgrade to a better still beginner but a little bit more intermediate. I would want a bounty hunter brand of metal detector, or at least I would prefer a bounty hunter brand. I was thinking about a pioneer 505 bounty hunter or maybe a quick silver? Which bounty hunter metal detector do you think will work and isn't just a toy? Thank you so much!! :) :) :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May help you to decide if you can try out some see how you like them.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would consider upgrading to a Tesoro Compadre or an Ace 250. Both are good machines, and a step up from what you have. Check out the Brands board and other posts on "what kind of metal detector should I get?" For lots of info.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much do you want to spend? White's Coinmast GT is $399 and you will not need to upgrade it from what I am seeing. Great depth easy to use full of functions, made in the US. Of course I have nothing to compare it to but for the money seemed to be a good bang for the buck!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dnt waste money on an ace250, look into minelab xterra line. Light machine, change frequency with a change of the coil.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Weight, frequency, and the type of ground you will be hunting.Minelabs prefer more mineralization than White machines. Check a few guys and gals in your area to see what they hunt with. And last, you need a little luck.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May help you to decide if you can try out some see how you like them.

Yeah I have the bounty hunter junior now but just use that to go on the park sometimes and find some recent dropped coins....

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would consider upgrading to a Tesoro Compadre or an Ace 250. Both are good machines, and a step up from what you have. Check out the Brands board and other posts on "what kind of metal detector should I get?" For lots of info.

I wanted an intermediate metal detector that is like maybe in the 200 range that's able to find silver and gold and still recently dropped coins....

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much do you want to spend? White's Coinmast GT is $399 and you will not need to upgrade it from what I am seeing. Great depth easy to use full of functions, made in the US. Of course I have nothing to compare it to but for the money seemed to be a good bang for the buck!

I would think around the 200 range? Is that a good range? I was thinking the fisher f2 but I'm not sure...

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dnt waste money on an ace250, look into minelab xterra line. Light machine, change frequency with a change of the coil.

I rather go a step lower then a minelab for now like a fisher brand something around the 200 range

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weight, frequency, and the type of ground you will be hunting.Minelabs prefer more mineralization than White machines. Check a few guys and gals in your area to see what they hunt with. And last, you need a little luck.

I already know I need the luck just don't know which metal detector to get ;)

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rather go a step lower then a minelab for now like a fisher brand something around the 200 range

The xterra 305 would be a goid machine to start with. There not as intimidating as people say. U will be happier in the long run trust me. Look a used one also

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The xterra 305 would be a goid machine to start with. There not as intimidating as people say. U will be happier in the long run trust me. Look a used one also

I'm not quite sure about that I go once in while to parks and find change with bounty hunter junior then saving that change up to get a new machine.. Are there any other machines that can find gold, silver coins, etc? Or is the minelab the absolute best

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
moving to better electronics will cost

Yeah I know but it will be better funding more stuff then just recent change drops

huntindog1

Apr 20, 2012
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Current: CTX3030
Past: ETRAC Omega 8000, Whites DFX, Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Sabre Plus, Garrett GTA 1000 PM, Fisher CZ6, Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
xterra 305 being manual ground balance will go deeper for you and its a stable detector. Teknetics Eurotech would be another good one as both machines are better with iron than other low cost machines.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
xterra 305 being manual ground balance will go deeper for you and its a stable detector. Teknetics Eurotech would be another good one as both machines are better with iron than other low cost machines.

yeah i know that what i want to do is like beach metal detecting and land metal detecting.. but not sure if i would go into old homesites so thats why i am not sure what type of metal detector to get...

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loved my ACE 250. Found more with it than any of my other detectors. Light, cheap, and dis what I needed it to do.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
250/350 would be my goto machine for starts

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Teknetics Eurotec. I ordered the cheaper one for detecting all the worked out parks and tot lots around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread