Which one for land and water?

ROCKITV8

Greenie
Jun 3, 2008
I am getting ready to buy my first detector and want one for land (live in Austintown,Ohio) and one to use in shallow water such as Lake Erie and Daytona Beach when I go down for Speedweek. I can go between 200 and 500 dollars (maybe more). Is there one that can do both or will I have to buy something for underwater? I am so confused at reading all the posts about different machines, I have been checking the site out allot can anyone help me out here? I would like to have everyones 2 cents.
Thanks !

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
It is tough to get both together. Drop a land one in the water and you will toast your electronics.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
I use a Fisher 1280X. A water machine that works just as well on land. I also like it becouse all I have to do is turn it on and go. It's payed for its self many times in the rings and coin finds. It sells in the range of $650. But you should be able to pick one up for less. There you have my 2 cents.

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been searching for the same thing. I just posted a topic on here asking about the DetectorPro Headhunter Pirate. Check out this site:
http://www.detectorpro.com/ Some others are White's MXT, Fisher F2, Tesoro Sand Shark and Tiger Shark. Stay away from the Cobra machines, I have done a lot of reviews on them and people are very unsatisfied with them. Also Kellyco will try to sell you the Titan 3000XD, they are Chinese junk. Try to stick with the major brands. If you want a good land detector, I am selling my Bounty Hunter Sharp ShooterII for about $190.00. If interested shoot me a message. Good luck! Joe

OP
OP
R

ROCKITV8

Greenie
Jun 3, 2008
Anyone ever use this one?
The Headhunter Pirate metal detector is DetectorPro's latest easy-to-use, lightweight metal detector. Featuring an 8" concentric, co-planar search coil, hunts land, beach and surf for
only $299.95

The Digger

Jan 13, 2009
Buffalo NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax Tiger Shark
I would go with a Tesoro Tiger Shark $599.00 Life Time Warranty! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Can't beat it. Go to Metal Detector Reviews.com alot of good reviews on all detectors. I never heard anything good about the detector pro. Good Luck.. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread