Which one is better?

Dendrobate

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2011
Which is the best one? I think the MPX but I need some help. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 Metal Detector

# Coin Depth Detection up to 9''
# Large Object Detection up to 4'
# Digital Target Identification
# Preset Ground Balance
# Motion all-metal operation mode
# No-motion all-metal Mode
# Bounty Hunter metal detector provides progressive discrimination
# Auto Notch System
# Variable Notch System
# No-motion Pinpointing
# Three-Tone Audio
# LCD Target Display on the Bounty Hunter metal detector
# Battery Indicator
# Depth Indicator
# Sensitivity Indicator
# 8'' Open Waterproof Coil included
# Bounty Hunter metal detector requires two 9-volt alkaline batteries

Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 with Hobbyist Pro Pack

1) All Metals Mode:< This mode is the high sensitivity and no discrimination mode and any metal item will be detected. The sensitivity is completely adjustable in this mode. The automatic ground balance can be used in this mode, or for advanced use, the ground balancing can be manually adjusted. Motion is not required in this mode.

2) Motion Discrimination: This is probably the most commonly used discrimination mode. This is the motion detecting mode and the detector will discriminate with different audible tones and also will identify the target on the large LCD screen. The detector will also give the depth of the target on the screen. The ground balance is automatic in this mode and the sensitivity and discrimination are fully adjustable.

3) Automatic Notch Filter: The 3050 deep search detector comes with pre-set programming to search for certain targets. The detector can be set to auto-notch for a specific target like gold rings and then it will only identify gold rings and other targets within the specific phase response of gold rings. The ground balance is automatic in this mode, and the sensitivity is fully adjustable.

4) Selective Notch Filter: The discrimination notch can be manually set to find any specifically desired target. The notch can be set so that the detector can find only 1/2 dollars, or only silver dollars, or only gold nuggets, or the desired relics, etc.... The possibilities are endless. The ground balance is automatic, or manual and the sensitivity is adjustable.

5) Deep Search with Surface Elimination: This setting is for deep searching and ignoring trash on the surface. It can be used in combination with any of the modes above and is for the hard to recover, or previously missed targets. This feature can be a very powerful treasure hunting tool when combined with the motion discrimination mode, or the notch filters. Using this feature, the 3019 can become a highly specialized tool set to find only gold nuggets at depths of up to 12".

6) Pinpointing mode: Motion is not required in this mode. The detector will give off a steady tone that will increase as you get closer to the target. The LCD will also indicate the location of the target. This mode can use the automatic ground balance, or ground balance can be manually adjusted or finely tuned for advanced pinpointing. Sensitivity and discrimination is fully adjustable in this mode.

This all purpose professional metal detector has all the great functions of the beloved 3019 with multi-frequency technology and the Z-Tex, a more powerful on-board computer to increase accuracy of discrimination. The XJ9-3050 has all the high technology features like multi-frequency detection, increased depth, pinpointing, surface elimination, improved notch discrimination capabilities, and much more. This detector gives a unique combination of depth and functionality that simply cannot be found with any other detector.

New MPX MD

# Fully automatic ground tracking and tuning - use on all soil types.
# 7 Zone Icon Target Identification - Know your find before you dig.
# Audio tone Identification system - sound also identifies target.
# Sensitivity control - set control from minimum to maximum sensitivity.
# Discrimination control - tune out junk while finding only good targets.
# Audio Centering Pinpointing feature - accurately centers finds under search coil.
# Built-in loud audio speaker - let's you hear finds even in noisy areas.
# LCD Meter indicates battery condition, depth level, sensitivity indicator and target icons with included Iron/gold/silver range.
# 3-part handle made of aluminum and abs plastic - for reduced wear.
# lower adjustable stem - Easily adjust to users height.
# Shaft locking rings - locks shaft after stem adjustments.
# Operates on two 9-volt batteries - easy access through Battery compartment door.
# Built-in detector stand - Keeps detector off the ground. No dirt, no sand.
# Heavy duty coil connector - Less flex and stress on coil wire.
# Ultra-deep 10 inch submersible open style search coil - use on land or in shallow waters. Now hunt both land and water!
# Adjustable shaft - Minimum length 43.5 inches / Maximum Length 53.0 inches
# Total weight with batteries only 3.3lbs

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want a new detector rather than going secondhand then the only one of the three I would touch would be the Bounty Hunter. Cheap price but not a cheap detector. You might have a few less features but what you get with the 505 work

OP
OP
D

Dendrobate

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2011
Thanks so much! I wouldn't mind getting a used one but do you have any suggestions?

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd take the BH over the others, and over the Ace 250 too, ESPECIALLY in really bad soil. I owned the others , but have used the BH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread