Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Garret pans (10", 14", SuperSluice),
Home-built Gold Hog-ish Highbanker a la Raptor
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have decided I need to get a Bazooka Gold Trap. However, when I look at the web page of the manufacturer, all I see is a general description of each model, but nothing about what niche it fills, or why I would choose that one. So...

Why all the different models and sizes? What does each one do that the other's don't? Why would I choose one over the other? What is the philosophy of use for each of the different models? How do I decide which one is right for me?

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well after seeing different models in action the past couple days (and getting to play with the super mini myself today) I can say that it depends on what you're trying to do.

High water flow/plenty of room to setup? Get something like a prospector.
Medium water flow - sniper
Low water flow - mini
Need to carry it for a long distance due to access issues? Get a mini series or possibly a sniper, they are all very lightweight for their size.

From my experience today I was very pleasantly surprised by how much material even the super mini can move. Still a newbie myself but use the above as a general guideline based on what your situation is.

In my case I'm leaning towards getting a 30" sniper - if I were to build up a quiver of sluices I'd go for a super mini for backpacking/low flow & a prospector to dominate in cases where there's the waterflow to allow it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread