Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Upvote 0

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Sunray inline probe hands down ;D

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Vibraprobe:)

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
Vibraprobe gets my vote. No switches to wear out (just hold it upright to turn it on), automatic shut-off, and it's waterproof. get one new on ebay (or your local shop) for between $70 and $90 last time i checked

steve

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
I started with the bullseye II, until I broke 3 of them. One the probe cracked off at the base and the other two the switches quit working. I now have Sunrays, DX1 and XL1 respectively, on both of my machines and I don't know how I ever did without them. One less thing to carry or set down and forget. Id be lost without them. Hh dave.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
The "best" pinpointer is the one that you like the best. Everyone has an opinion.

I use the Vibraprobe. Is it the best? It is sturdy, waterproof, not switches to wear out. Mine came with a holster. It uses standard 9Volt battery. I like it.

Best is a relative term. It cost in he neighborhood of 90-100 dollars. Probably could get it a bit cheaper if you shop around.

Any pin pointer is better than no pin pointer. Hope you enjoy the one you decide to purchase.

Ray S

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the sunray probes on the White's machines a lot, but spendy and I don't think they make them for all machines. As to separate, handheld probes, I have used the Treasure Mate a lot and really like it. Good warranty, very sensitive, good depth for a pinpointer, but pricey. Of course, hopefully you don't need to be buying one every week. Do find a pinpointer very useful in the field.
Luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread