All Treasure Hunting
"Is that waterproof?"...when Im chest deep with it submerged. :icon_scratch:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of metal detector should I get?
Is it ok to detect grave yards?
What kind of digger should I get?
What kind of headphones should I get?

Oh wait, you were talking about in the real world, not on here. I don't mind people in the real world asking questions since they don't have an entire site with 100,000 posts already answering their questions at their fingertips...

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
end of the world 2012 good time to buy a detector on credit

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:

Oh wait, you were talking about in the real world, not on here. I don't mind people in the real world asking questions since they don't have an entire site with 100,000 posts already answering their questions at their fingertips...

Not much for helping new people huh?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:

Bazinga, have you ever said anything positive on here.....if you have Ive never seen it.....you sound like a grouchy old man. :dontknow:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
bazinga said:

Bazinga, have you ever said anything positive on here.....if you have Ive never seen it.....you sound like a grouchy old man. :dontknow:

I actually really enjoy helping people.

But I only enjoy it when they've proven they've at least made some kind of effort in finding the answer to simple questions on their own. Every other day somebody asks about what kind of headphones to get. All they have to do is go look at old posts to get ALL of the information they are seeking. AND, maybe this site wouldn't be nearly as slow as it is at times if there weren't 1000 threads on headphones with 20 posts each all saying the same thing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal mania said:
which questions do you find irritating and pointless excluding this one please

:(

There goes My Answer :tongue3:

Actually Nothing Realy comes to mind.
I Believe Sometimes People ask the Obvious
Just to get a conversation Going. So it's
actually has a Point to it, for them.

Irritating ? only if somone were to follow me
and ask what did you Find ?
Everytime I dig a New hole :D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:

GOOD ONE. I always say there are no stupid questions till I hear it from the same guy on the forums as they are just wanting to post to run the count up like it is a contest.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
lookindown said:
"Is that waterproof?"...when Im chest deep with it submerged. :icon_scratch:

A few weeks ago, I was waist deep in water, and some guy asked "Ya got a metal detector on the other end of that?"

A few months back, we had a lady ask us what agency we were from. She saw us with our detectors in the water, and we would bring up a scoop of rocks.

The most repeated question..."Do you ever find anything?" :laughing9:

--Mel

borninok

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10) What kind of underwear are you wearing?

9) How much to take your shirt off?

8) Is THAT your wife?

7) Will that find bikini bottoms?

6) Can you help me find my hotel room key, then help me find my hotel?

5) Oops! Dropped my phone number! Can you help me find it?

4) Did you know you can find love with that?

3) Can you come over to my house and help me find.. something?

2) I like the way you swing that thing, want to swing it over here?

1) Looking for love?

:thumbsup:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is this just for detecting questions? :laughing9:

I hate the obvious and annoying questions asked when doing anything!!!!!

Hand the renewal card for your drivers license to the clerk. "Are you here for your drivers license renewal?" uh, no fool just thought I would stop in and hand it to you but I will come back later!

but for detecting most annoying is just being stopped and asked "did you find anything good?" good for me, might not be good for you LOL :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I know you're fixin to ask next, double M. I like those Terry Soloman. Actually, when the wife say's 'Is this your underwear in the floor?' If it ain't, maybe I should have a couple of questions of my own, really.

S

stefen

What? Why do you keep asking irritating and pointless questions? :icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
I actually really enjoy helping people.

But I only enjoy it when they've proven they've at least made some kind of effort in finding the answer to simple questions on their own. Every other day somebody asks about what kind of headphones to get. All they have to do is go look at old posts to get ALL of the information they are seeking. AND, maybe this site wouldn't be nearly as slow as it is at times if there weren't 1000 threads on headphones with 20 posts each all saying the same thing.

Unless it has changed, non charter members can't use the search function to search for key words so they would have to search multiple boards for the same question, not everyone thinks of this, they don't see it on one board so they ask question......A great feature, advantage, and reason (besides supporting TN) to being a Charter Member is the search function.

On another note, if everyone could search key words, it would slow the website down a lot more than just another question asking if "blah, blah, blah is good"...

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
Maybe off post a bit but, I want to get a shirt with printing on the back that says "No, I haven't caught a damn thing, So don't ask"... Every time I go fishing I get asked many times "catching anything?" :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread