TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the process of deciding on which scoop to buy. I really like the looks of the new Sunspot S3, but the price of 225.00 plus shipping is a bit steep in this economy. The Starv scoop on the other hand is not. The Sunspot looks like it's made from better stainless steel and materials. I have one of the 2008 models and like it a lot but the smaller holes on the newer ones really attract me, but I only paid about 180.00 with the handle plus shipping for it new, so I can't figure out the drastic price increase. Is the any one who has any experience with the Starv scoop. In this economy every penny helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I saw a video with Gravediggermax he had 2 starv scoops may want to ask him.

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found it it is here this is the title. two new scoops sailed in from the Ukraine on thur. - i likem - thanks ruslan

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tim, get the BEST scoop YOU can afford. :headbang:

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That new Sunspot S3 look enticing. Anyone get a chance to try that one out on Florida beaches?

OP
OP
TimC (North Alabama)

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would really like the Sunspot S3, but like everyone else I'm on a limited budget now. I really love the one I have already, but the holes are really big and things slip through. I have thought about selling it to buy the new one.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TimC (North Alabama) said:
I would really like the Sunspot S3, but like everyone else I'm on a limited budget now. I really love the one I have already, but the holes are really big and things slip through. I have thought about selling it to buy the new one.

Or just put some wire mesh in the scoop you have till you can afford the one you really want! :headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can pick up a piece of a gutter guard from a hardware store or Homedepot/Lowes. It is the aluminum wire guard used for covering your drain gutters to keep leaves out of the gutter. I use a piece of it on my scoop and so far it has lasted 3 years... I put it on the inside of my scoop and tacked it down with waterproof epoxy....

OP
OP
TimC (North Alabama)

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, that sound like just what the doctor ordered and cheap too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread