While in New York...."is it Lia Sophia"?

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Mandi and I have a problem.

I'm addicted to yard sales...there, I've said it!

I feel so much better now.

We went to NY to visit my husband's "brother from another mother" that he never met before.

Luckily (for me) his wife LOVES yard sale too.

I convinced my hubby that it would be a bonding experience for the two of us.

So, off we go around 10:30 AM Saturday morning.

FIRST stop - house with Lia Sophia. They had a lot of it!! They also had a tray marked $1. I picked up a piece, flipped it over (though I was certain what I had without turning it over)...SURPRISE!!!

I proceeded to ask the lady how much for the piece I had found - "is it Lia Sophia"..."no, I don't think so, I found it in the $1 tray"..."ok, as long as it's not Lia Sophia bc those pieces start at $4 and up"...."ok, thanks, here's the $1"!!!

14K white gold pendant with Blue topaz (?)!!

Not bad for $1.

Also found the Sterling heart shaped earrings for $1 at another sale in this neighborhood.

...and another set at a Goodwill (in northern PA) on our way home Sunday ($1.99).

Attachments

• image-1418141723.jpg
    image-1418141723.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image-3752097772.jpg
    image-3752097772.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image-48469069.jpg
    image-48469069.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3301925492.jpg
    image-3301925492.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1535327491.jpg
    image-1535327491.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 106

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't it nice to know you can find things in other states and areas? My mother in Michigan told me for the last two years that "you can't find the things that your buying and selling around here". Meaning that since I live in north Georgia she thinks that all the people that live in the area are stupid southern trash or something. Earlier this month I went up for a week to visit and had a great time. I did well and easily bought gold, silver coins and other items for pennies on the dollar.

OP
OP
mjm579

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't it nice to know you can find things in other states and areas? My mother in Michigan told me for the last two years that "you can't find the things that your buying and selling around here". Meaning that since I live in north Georgia she thinks that all the people that live in the area are stupid southern trash or something. Earlier this month I went up for a week to visit and had a great time. I did well and easily bought gold, silver coins and other items for pennies on the dollar.
LOVE it! Hoping to do well on an upcoming business trip to San Francisco this weekend. I have my own idea of "the San Francisco " treat!! LOL

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't check out the lia sophia? I easily make as much money flipping that as I do buying cheap gold.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You didn't check out the lia sophia? I easily make as much money flipping that as I do buying cheap gold.

My Lia Sophia has been sitting on Ebay forever. They have tags on them too! Some I started at $9.99. Now my Stella Dot ... that stuff flew out of the door.

OP
OP
mjm579

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I generally go looking for costume and I feel lucky if I find gold. Wasn't even aware of how much Lia Sophia until I checked eBay after the sale. Looks like they sell best as lots though.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I can pick and choose I do great. If I have to buy by the lot to get a good deal I do as much research as possible and sell what I can individually then after a month or so of not selling while listed ill group the rest into a lot or two and move it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread