While THing, Ever Find Something You Had Lost Years Before?

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father buried a small cache in a jar as a child, then later as an adult with me along, came back with a metal detector and found it as a grown man with a child 2x older than he was when he buried the jar.

I recently found a small pile of quarters buried in my yard. I suspect my youngest daughter had something to do with that! ;D

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree Teddy. Disney influenced me significantly growing up in the early 70's.
I will get back to Michigan someday and unearth Joe and his parachute I buried when I was a kid.
I actually buried cache's in the woods I will never go back and dig those up.. A couple may end up a banner find someday who knows? If enough time lapses before someone finds them. They just might.
Thanks for the flashback...Mike

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know who did it but I found 13 toy cars and trucks buried in a sandpile! Monty

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
A couple of years ago I hunted the playground at my 1st-3rd grade elementary school. I went to school there from 1976-1978. My friends and I used to bring marbles to play with before school, on recess and after school, we'd make dirt tracks (mazes, caves and chutes, etc.) and roll our marbles down dirt hills and the like. Anyway, I didn't find anything good for coins (1970's, 80's and 90's pennies mostly) but did find an old marble that I'm certain I lost there 30 years ago! Very cool

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HOLA amigos,
When I was a boy, either 4 or 5, I lost a dime while climbing a pear tree on our farm. It was "my treasure" at the time and I always suspected my brother had found it and never told me. About five years ago, I got permission to detect there and remembered losing that dime. The pear tree was still standing (the house and barn are long-gone) so I did about two sweeps next to the base of the tree and got a hit - which turned out to be my long-lost silver dime, over 40 years in the ground - so my brother was innocent. That one stays in our collection. A few other old toys turned up too, but I sure didn't recognize any as they predated me.

Thanks for sharing your stories, brought back memories. :icon_thumleft:
Oroblanco

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
HOLA amigos,
When I was a boy, either 4 or 5, I lost a dime while climbing a pear tree on our farm. It was "my treasure" at the time and I always suspected my brother had found it and never told me. About five years ago, I got permission to detect there and remembered losing that dime. The pear tree was still standing (the house and barn are long-gone) so I did about two sweeps next to the base of the tree and got a hit - which turned out to be my long-lost silver dime, over 40 years in the ground - so my brother was innocent. That one stays in our collection. A few other old toys turned up too, but I sure didn't recognize any as they predated me.

Thanks for sharing your stories, brought back memories.
Oroblanco

Very cool, Oroblanco!! That is a great story, 40 years later, unreal !!

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

Not that I'm sure of, although I must have lost at least one or two of those silver coins that I dug many years later at my old elementary school. (That reminds me... once, when I was in the 2nd grade— yes, I was only in it once :D— I got a well-worn Barber dime in change at a neighborhood store across the street from our school. I thought that I'd been cheated!)

An experience that I have had, 'way too many times, is digging up some item now classified as vintage or even antique, and thinking, "Gee, I can remember when those were new !"

(Then again, I can remember when the Dead Sea still felt fine and dandy... ::) )

OP
OP
T

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
Mr_Mojo_Risin said:
A couple of years ago I hunted the playground at my 1st-3rd grade elementary school. I went to school there from 1976-1978. My friends and I used to bring marbles to play with before school, on recess and after school, we'd make dirt tracks (mazes, caves and chutes, etc.) and roll our marbles down dirt hills and the like. Anyway, I didn't find anything good for coins (1970's, 80's and 90's pennies mostly) but did find an old marble that I'm certain I lost there 30 years ago! Very cool

Neat story! Thanks.

teddy

OP
OP
T

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
Oroblanco said:
HOLA amigos,

Thanks for sharing your stories, brought back memories. :icon_thumleft:
Oroblanco

Great story! Thanks much.

teddy

OP
OP
T

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
PBK said:

Not that I'm sure of, although I must have lost at least one or two of those silver coins that I dug many years later at my old elementary school. (That reminds me... once, when I was in the 2nd grade— yes, I was only in it once :D— I got a well-worn Barber dime in change at a neighborhood store across the street from our school. I thought that I'd been cheated!)

An experience that I have had, 'way too many times, is digging up some item now classified as vintage or even antique, and thinking, "Gee, I can remember when those were new !"

(Then again, I can remember when the Dead Sea still felt fine and dandy... ::) )

LOL!

I hear ya. I'm tired of telling people I'm older than dirt. Got ta think of something else to say.

teddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread