• IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
Your frames are never short of mindblowing.The range of artifacts you find,are so in depth.I love looking at them.Thanx for shareing.....Neo

dblski

Mar 18, 2009
Lars,
I love the whistles! I will probably never find anything like that. The one in the upper left hand corner looks like a phalic (spelling?) symbol. I am sure it is just the way it is laying, or is it really in the shape of a private part? I only ask because its shape is very strange from the picture.
Jake

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Sweet post Lars! What was the purpose of the ball of pitch?

Chuck

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
larson, do any of the whistle? I have three and all of them whistle fairly well with the last one I just found, the 3 hole one, being the loudest.

Jake, I see the same thing you do. I would be willing to bet that piece just might be a Phallic Symbol and may have been used in fertility ceremonies. Very cool pieces larson.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again Fantastic. I have never seen too many whistles. Never found one thats for sure.
Thanks for an unusual post.
Great stuff !!!

Molly.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SRV said:
larson, do any of the whistle? I have three and all of them whistle fairly well with the last one I just found, the 3 hole one, being the loudest.

Jake, I see the same thing you do. I would be willing to bet that piece just might be a Phallic Symbol and may have been used in fertility ceremonies. Very cool pieces larson.

Ok I am going to let all you experts blow that one !!!!!!!! :evil5:

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
hey thanks chuck (Mr. Ohio)
here is a link for you that will help explain the ball of pitch which is still inside of the middle whistle

i hope it helps

SRV, i can't get any of them to whistle, but only the middle one still has that pitch inside
lars

P

pickaway

Great frame of whistles!!! I like the red background. Didnt know that about pitch... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread