White 6000/Di Series 2 red button?

mixer1

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2008
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
White 6000/D, 6000/Di series 2
New to the forum but not to coin shooting. Bought a new White Coinmaster 6000/D many many years ago and hunted hard till my boys got into baseball etc which took alot of my time. Now my granddaughter has an interest so I gave it to her. While teaching her I got the itch real bad again so I found a 6000/Di Series 2 real reasonable on eBay and I'm gettin acquainted with it. It seems to function similar to the 6000/D except I can't figure out what the the red button is on the front edge of the control box. it doesn't show up anywhere in a downloaded manual. I push it but can't see what it does. Any help out there from you old 6000 Di guys?

Thanks!

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum...

Yep, low battery LED, not a button. I have a series 3...same beast and the low bat led is same place. If you can push it, it's loose.
Al

OP
OP
M

mixer1

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2008
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
deepskyal said:
Welcome to the forum...

Yep, low battery LED, not a button. I have a series 3...same beast and the low bat led is same place. If you can push it, it's loose.
Al

Al,
My low battery LED is on the top just below the handle. This red push button is on the front edge next to the coil to box cable connection. I'm getting the feeling this control box may have been modified since no one seems to have it on theirs.

Gary

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm...yea...Okay. It does sound like someone modified it. Does everything else work on it? Have you had it out detecting yet and pushed it...

Maybe it's booby-trapped! :o

Al

OP
OP
M

mixer1

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2008
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Well so far no red button booby trap, no function that I can tell. It works great finding coins with my grandaughter and even a Sterling Silver kids ring at 4+" Somebody modified it at some point in the past and maybe it went in for reconditioning and was disconnected. Anyway thanks for all your input and help. The "red button" will remain a mistery and point of interest for conversation.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good conversation...

If you get too many nosy kids around, you can tell them it sets of an electric charge to zap pesky kids.
Al

OP
OP
M

mixer1

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2008
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
I see you also use a DFX. I'm about to decide on a MXT or DFX. I just sent my 6DB in for recon as a backup to my Di seies 2. When do you choose the DFX? If you had it to do again would you still buy the DFX? I hunt 90% with tone not used to screen and meter work but technically savy. Comments welcome. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread