white lead

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was out spoken around with the 5900 and found one flattened out bigger than a forty five with groves it hollow in the back of the slug plus the rings what ever it hit it had to be traveling real fast to flatten out like it did said the experts so pistol is being ruled out....white puts in the old categorize that's the second white lead I found got to be a couple hundred yeas old no...

thanks for your replies and looking

liftloop

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More info ,I,m kinda slow sorry.

Stormrider51

Jul 21, 2010
Canyon Lake, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lift...do you have a photo of it? The description could be anything from a .38 Special hollow-based wadcutter to a Civil War era Minie. I can give you a better idea if I see it. The fact that it's white doesn't necessarily mean "old". I have cast rifle balls for my muzzleloader out in my shop that have turned white a few months after I cast them. The white is just surface oxidation. I'd like to help but I really need to see a photo.

Storm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread