Rookster

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
thanks for the shout back. I own one but own the Fisher 75 limited and the ATP also. I've found the M6 easier to use than the other two. I've got the 5X8 coil and it does a pretty good job. The very thing that I don't like is there is no volume control. some times I like to hunt without Headphones.

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
The Whites M6 is easily one of the best all around machines in its price range. It is simple to operate, well built and highly effective. It can be swung for hours, has a VERY accurate VDI and pinpoints flawlessly. The beach mode really works as mine runs virtually silent with hardly any falsing even in wet sand!

As I have said before - if there was a hall of fame for metal detectors, the M6 would be in it.

gregg5150

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M6 is a great machine. I mainly hit iron infested ghost towns etc with mine. With the eclipse 5.3 coil or the 5" round excelerator coil it does a great job in real trashy sites. I would never give mine up. In fact I find myself grabbing it more then my MXT Pro. Some like the new MX5, but i'm not sold on it yet. I like the confidence bars on the M6 and the ability to lock the GB and its built tough. The only thing I wish that the M6 had was a backlite , like the MX5, other then that if I wanted a plastic machine with notch disc. I would save myself some money and get a ACE 150.

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive had an ace 250 and it is not even close to what the mx5 is.. the m6 mxt and mxtpro all have same engine just different options. same depth same ground tracking etc now the mx5 is all that but in digital form... In a very rugged housing that you can run in the rain with no issues.. the build is stiff non flimsy and light..swings a lot more natural than the mxt style..imagine an m6 with volume control a backlight, live depth, threshold control,lock on pinpoint,1 tone, two tone and 8 tone,and air tests deeper and even more sensitive to gold... and more things that improve its performance.. all digital and it seems faster with an even better ground tracking which I was worried about but now that ive used it not once have I needed to lock my tracking. I just sold my trusty m6 and mxt because the mx5 just feels better and does seem to perform a little better to me. trust me ive been detecting since 1978 its not an ace 150 the two don't compare in build quality performance etc. also the mx5 is $100 cheaper than the m6 happy hunting

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ive had an ace 250 and it is not even close to what the mx5 is.. the m6 mxt and mxtpro all have same engine just different options. same depth same ground tracking etc now the mx5 is all that but in digital form... In a very rugged housing that you can run in the rain with no issues.. the build is stiff non flimsy and light..swings a lot more natural than the mxt style..imagine an m6 with volume control a backlight, live depth, threshold control,lock on pinpoint,1 tone, two tone and 8 tone,and air tests deeper and even more sensitive to gold... and more things that improve its performance.. all digital and it seems faster with an even better ground tracking which I was worried about but now that ive used it not once have I needed to lock my tracking. I just sold my trusty m6 and mxt because the mx5 just feels better and does seem to perform a little better to me. trust me ive been detecting since 1978 its not an ace 150 the two don't compare in build quality performance etc. also the mx5 is $100 cheaper than the m6 happy hunting

I''m looking into the MX5 myself, however it seems like according to some, it may have some bugs that need to be ironed out....Drifting tone issues, inaccurate id on low conductive targets and something with the pinpointing. Any problems with yours? How is it in the field? Not too many reports from actual hunts yet. I'm sure others would like to know as well...Thanks..

mark43

Apr 8, 2007
Peru, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 whites m6
i like my m6 alot but have been thinking of getting a AT PRO also. my wife uses the ace 250. watching alot of vids. on the at pro and like how it works with the smaller coils. i see u have one rook. is it worth the purchase?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread