White XLT Spectrum E series is this a good starting point

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
how much is it?i have one and really like it.under 250.00 .would be a good price.there are better new machines new for under 500.00
brad

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have one and it has been a very good machine..Custom settings can get tricky but stick with presets and it works fine. There is one on ebay for about $500 BUT it includes a “bigfoot” coil that alone is worth the $500 and hard to find! Good luck!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
If you get it for a good price and it's in good working order, In my view it would be fine. Read about it and download the user manual. A good and popular detector in its day.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you can get it for a fair price, buy it! If something should go wrong, White's will repair it for short money... good as new! :icon_thumleft:

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , it is a good start to detecting.
A very good detector. They're silver hounds.
Good discrimination and fast target separation.
Easy to run out of the box on presets.
Just like any programmable detector, it will take time to learn what settings work best for you.
Don't go all out at first, don't make your first hunt a burnt down house site.
Start slow, go to clean site like a school yard, at first discriminate out everything below copper pennies, get used to the sounds of good targets.
When you feel good with those signals, turn disc. down to accept nickles, now you will be digging pull tabs, can slaw, pencil eraser pieces, as well as nickles.
Now you can start to get used to bad target sounds.
From there with a little time you will be able turn disc. down into gold range.
Now you are ready to make some great finds.

mopakarim4000

Jul 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get it for a good price and it's in good working order, In my view it would be fine. Read about it and download the user manual. A good and popular detector in its day.

I have one and it has been a very good machine..Custom settings can get tricky but stick with presets and it works fine. There is one on ebay for about $500 BUT it includes a “bigfoot” coil that alone is worth the $500 and hard to find! Good luck!

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chandra05, we do not allow spam. Please do not repeat.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a good choice for a starting machine. Lots of good choices out there today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread