WHITES 12 INCHER QUESTION

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a XLT for many years and when I went from the 950 coil to my 8, 6, or 15 inch coil the depth readings while pinpointing was not accurate because the XLT was set up from the factory for the 950. My question is does the new 12 inch coil on the DFX depth readings differ from the factory 950 coil. On my XLT the depth readings were off by at least 2 inches if I was not using the 950. Any info would be greatly appreciated from anyone who uses the 12 inch coil on the DFX. Thanks in advance for all your comments.

Have a peach of a day.

KFB

Sarge

Dec 21, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites XLT
That kind of makes sense, KFB. I found the same thing on my XLT & older model DFX. I normally use the 6X10 DD coil & it'll show all except the very shallow targets to be 4.5". Deeper than that it seems pretty accurate. The only other coil I have for the DFX is the 6" round coil which seems to be pretty accurate. I don't use it enough to have come up with an accurate assessment, though. I would think that since the 12" coil is the stock coil for the DFX 300 that it would be the most accurate.

A good question for White's.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I don't believe the depth indications using my Super12, just use them to show "relative depth". I'm not sure I put much credence in the depth readings I used to get with the 5.3 Eclipse (though I'd expect they were a little more accurate than the S12 ones). It's been nearly a year, and it only takes me a week to forget stuff. The 5.3 is a sort-of-mem.

Similarly, if my DX-1 probe tells me 4", I'm within about 2". But this is in the opposite direction of the error with the big coil. It says 4.5 a lot, and I figure at least 6-7" actual.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
on my DFX with my 12 spider after about 3 inches on depth it's dead on

OP
OP
kindafoundabuckle

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all your help. I got my new machine (DFX) with the 12 incher and will find out what it will do. :icon_scratch:

KFB

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the only thing I would watch for is, cut back on swing time until you get used to the additional weight, when I first got mine I tried to swing like I always do and got a sore elbow

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
the only thing I would watch for is, cut back on swing time until you get used to the additional weight, when I first got mine I tried to swing like I always do and got a sore elbow

good advice. I got a sore elbow from playin with my twelve-incher too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions