Whites 5900di not detecting metal??

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign,Ace 250,White's DFX, custom made waterproof detector
White's 5900di not detecting metal??

I just bought this from ebay and received it yesterday.It is like brand new.The problem is after assembly I turned it on and scanned it over a coin and nothing happened.I have a threshold but it won't detect the coin.If I scan the coil over something bigger like the control box it will make a faint beep.I have used several different coils with the same results.Anyone experience this?Thanks

Upvote 0

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: White's 5900di not detecting metal??

Does this have the manual ground balance? If so that should be done before you try anything. If you don't have the manual you can get them off the White's site for free. It will give you the steps.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Re: White's 5900di not detecting metal??

Is it a black box 5900? The ground balance won't matter in an air test. In an airtest. Is there a signal balance knob on the front or top of the machine. Make sure it isn't turned all the way down. If so put it on Preset. Also make sure your tuning knob is turned up. Are you using headphones? If so it could be that the headphones aren't really compatible to the machine. I hope this is of some help.
Like Jimbog said if you don't have a manuel you can get one off White's website and it should help.
Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread