WHITES 950 COIL

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
I don't understand your post. Does it work better on what detector? The 950 is the standard coil on most Whites. Give a little more info. Rob

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im confused also. The 950 coil is standard but i noticed when detecting with another person theirs was different. I went to their web page and looked at the picture of the detector, then the coil alone there was a difference. I called whites they said there were two, but that there was no difference other than packaging/stickers. Of course my concern was someone had given me an older coil with my NEW detector.

OP
OP
ELVISFAN

ELVISFAN

Apr 26, 2007
WEBB CITY MISSOURI
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK THEN I HAVE A 950 COIL BUT THE ONE LISTED IN THE PIC ADS FOR WHITES SURE LOOKS DIFFERENT AND SAYS ECLIPSE 950.. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites had 950 concentric coils for many years then introduced Eclipse coils (4x6,6x10,8x14) that are double D type giving better performance in high rubbish/mineralisation areas where the concentrics don't perform at their best. Eclipse seems to suggest ellipse from the shape but they also used the name for concentric coils which added to the confusion.
A brand new out of the factory DFX would have the 950 Eclipse coil with the ridges whilst if your dealer had a lot of older stock in you would get the older flat coil. No performance difference but I think it was said that it would be easier to repair the new style coil.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
The newer one says Eclipse, the only difference is the coil cover. Be aware there are two different coil covers so if you get one order the right one for your coil! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread