Whites Bullseye Pin Point Probe

O

Oddfello

Hi chaintown,
I use a Bullseye II and have really gotten used to having it on my side. I don't think I would have ever bought one but since this one was free I gave it a shot. There are two situations where I find it quite handy. The first is when you are hunting in sod that has a very thick root system. The BEII allows me to find the target pretty quickly and easily without annihilating the grass. The second situation is when I am hunting in very loose dirt. Once it is determined if the target is in the bottom of the hole or in a pile of dirt excavated from said hole I find the pinpointer a great help in picking it out. To me it's a luxury item and by no means is required, but I have found myself very glad to have one at times. I do have issues with the push button design of the BEII but that's another story. ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a Vibraprobe 560, at first it seemed ineffecient and a hassle to use but I like it now. It does help on occasion and there is somewhat of an art to using them. It does interfere a bit with my XLT. I wonder if I can up the sensitivity as it's only good for about 1". HH, Mike

A

another _novice

Just FYI - although it's a little off topic.

The 250 detects deeper than it pinpoints.

On the more shallow targets, I push the pinpoint button, raise it above the ground so the signal fades, and make an "x" with the stem. I find that to be pretty accurate. The target is at the "x" under the stem.

partialde said:
I got one for free too from a fellow detector I met, and I don't know what I'd do without it now. I replaced the pushbutton switch with a toggle switch, and while the guts were opened I boosted the sensitivity to maximum. Now it's like a little miniature metal detector with a 1/2" coil footprint. So if that thing goes off, you know exactly where my target is. It'll pick up most shallow clad (0-2.5") just by running it over the surface of the ground, and I can locate stuff in sand even easier. Since most non-iron trash in my area is near the surface, it makes it quick and easy to find it and pull it out in a few seconds so I'm not bothered digging almost all signals. Not to mention, everywhere I go I see large plugs dug by other people, but I rarely even have to dig plugs for the clad and trash I find, just cut a little arc and pop the target out. I don't like doing damage to the turf, so I like that. Of course for the good targets that are deeper you still gotta dig a plug to get down to it.

I have issues with my detector's (ace250) pinpointing accuracy, so the bullseye pinpointer solves that for the most part. Plus the ace pinpointer never works for me on the weak deep signals, so I can save a bunch of turf by digging a small plug and then probing around and finding the item that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions