Whites bullseye pinpointer 2..........Acting kind of funny.....Suggestions?

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I was just curious if any of you have experienced some of these issues with your pinpointer;
Sometimes it does not seem as sensitive as others. I have noticed it will pick up a coin approximately 3 inches and maybe a little better sometimes. Then at other times it seems to only pick up around and inch. Also It seems to be falsing somewhat whenever I am trying to find those tricky targets still in the hole. The other day I thought I just had a false signal and then I went and got my digger to see if the pinpointer was still working and noticed it was not working. I took out the battery and put it back in, the battery is still good. I fiddled with the sensitivity knob and all of a sudden there it goes working just fine. I keep mine on vibrate. Do you guys think that maybe some trash or dirt has gotton into the unit keeping the little motor from making it vibrate? Or is it just the nature of these pinpointers to be kind of squirlley? This is the only pinpointer I have ever had and it is only about a month old.

Upvote 0

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bigtim1973,
Although I do not or have I ever owned a Bullseye, I think that if I were you I would contact White's and ask them if there is a problem of this type. I am sure that they will get back to you ASAP ( I would hope ). I had a slight problem with my Garrett Pro-Pointer and sent a message on a Sunday afternoon, by the time I had gotten to work on Monday morning I had a reply waiting for me. I am sure that White's would be just as fast. I am including a link to the White's page with several different contacts.

http://whiteselectronics.com/content/view/47/39/

Good Luck and I hope you get your issue resolved in a timely manner.

DJH

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
I've never seen a Bullseye that can do 3" on a coin. If yours will don't trade it for a new one. No kidding send it to me. These pin pointers are know for bad switches. I've replaced mine (the switch) already. Call Whites they might replace the pin pointer even if it is out of warranty because it is a known problem,

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one and it acts quirky just like you mentioned.

I've found the falsing is from having it set just a little to sensitive, back the knob off just a wee bit.

The larger the metal object the further away it will detect.

The button on mine hasn't broken after 3-4 years of use but I think it's on it's last leg.

I don't think I'll ever buy another one especially for the price they want.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
SunRay X-1 probes are pricey. But, you can't beat 'em, also it is very hard to leave home without them...........NGE

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
Hey Bigtim1973,
Although I do not or have I ever owned a Bullseye, I think that if I were you I would contact White's and ask them if there is a problem of this type. I am sure that they will get back to you ASAP ( I would hope ). I had a slight problem with my Garrett Pro-Pointer and sent a message on a Sunday afternoon, by the time I had gotten to work on Monday morning I had a reply waiting for me. I am sure that White's would be just as fast. I am including a link to the White's page with several different contacts.

http://whiteselectronics.com/content/view/47/39/

Good Luck and I hope you get your issue resolved in a timely manner.

DJH

Hey thanks alot for the advice DJH. I never even though of doing that. I clicked on the link you sent and I wound up emailing a guy that handles Whites products in the region I live in. I will let you guys know what he has to say. Thanks Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread