Whites classic 3 to Minelab x-terra 705

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the whites metal detectors for years, I started with the 5000D back in the 80,s went to the Classic 3 SL with the Mr. Bill Mods. in the 90,s and know I am upgrading to the Minelab x-terra 705, well I think its an upgrade, if it can do a better job than the classic 3 in trashy parks I will be impressed.Should be getting the Minelab next week...Anybody got any thoughts on the Minelab.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BeerGuy...
I have about 40 to 50 hours on the 705 know and just starting to understand how it works , I do like all the futures it has..I am starting to use the 3 tones in the AM mode and listening to the sounds and using the VID numbers and that seams to be working ok..but I am not sure its getting any deeper than the Classic 3 would do...but it does have more tools to use....so I am hoping for better things down the road..

Last edited:

chopperdog

May 18, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO / Minelab X-Terra 705 /Minelab 505 / XP Deus / Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that the 705 might be a bit deeper, but in my opinion, not as good for heavy trash. I try to run mine in AM / 4 tones, as much as possible, but in heavy trash areas, it sometimes becomes overwhelming. When this happens, I go to Pattern #2, to give the ears a break for while. ------I hunt for silver, and the 4 tone setup gives the higher conductor coins, (copper pennies, clad and silver dimes and quarters, etc), a distinctive high tone. The 705 definitely has a learning curve, hang in there and it will pay off. --

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chopperdog....your right about the heavy trash, I try to run my 705 in AM / 4 tones and its crazy in trash, so I go with the 2 tone for awhile, so I am only getting the low tone and a higher tone, not so crazy..

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Chopperdog, what coil are you using?

I am thinking that the DD 7.5 kHz coil is a needed item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread