Whites classic ID 5 - a beach hunter?

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
I ran into Horace at Nokomis beach yesterday and he showed me a men's gold wedding band he had just found with his Whites Classic ID.

He said he'd been using his Classic ID for years (and it showed), and he said he had found a lot of rings with it on the beaches (I see him there almost every time I go).

Later that day I ran into two men who were also using a Classic ID on the beach, finding things in the wet sand.

And on Thursday of last week, I talked to people who were using a Whites Classic ID on the treasure coast, and they had found a few interesting items with it that day.

All of these people seemed to be very happy with their beach finds - even in wet sand with the Whites Classic ID.

I've been looking for another detector, and now the Kellyco has the Whites Classic ID 5 on sale for under $300, I'm wondering if this would make a good and easy to use backup detector.

Anyone have any experience with these on beaches and wet sand?

Bill

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Classic ID 5 is a fair detector for the dry sand and some wet sand at some beaches if adjusted right. It is not as good as a Excal or Sov GT at the beach as these also have DD coils something the Classic does not. The coil still has to be over the item to tell you something it there and this detector works, but not as well as others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread