Whites Classic ID help advice

Riff

Aug 30, 2016
Maple Valley WA
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I have become good at finding coins with my Whites Classic ID. But rings are difficult.
Example: Silver
I put some sample rings on the grass and the silver gives a strong steady signal in the coin and ring range settings. It does not act like trash metal. I feel fairly confident with silver ring signal.

Example: Gold
The gold ring has a strong signal in the coin range around the nickle / medium ring range setting with some shifting. Signal goes trashy or disappears when moving to coin range. The gold ring signal is very much the same as a pull tab or similar. So I would be digging much more junk in order to find a gold ring. Sample ring is a 14 ct band.

Example: Stainless
Similar to gold, would be digging more trash.

Photo attached of some training at the local parks. My Tuition

Attachments

• My park loot.jpg
    My park loot.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes sir, if you want to dig gold you need to dig a lot of pull tabs and some foil. I had a classic ID II, it was a great nickel detector.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yepper, that's the way it is with everyone. No magic solution. To find gold you have to dig pulltabs.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Its already a "given" that aluminum and alloyed gold share the same conductivity range. But that doesn't mean that the trick you finding more gold rings , is to Dig foil and pull tabs till your arms fall off.

Instead, the recipe for finding more gold rings, is to choose better locations. Namely: swimming beaches. Junky Blighted parks are not the place to be a hero looking for gold rings, IMHO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread