3pinplug

Apr 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You haven't got the range to discriminate out the postive mineralisation effect of wet salt. Best way round this with older detectors is to use the TR discrimination mode and use it as a ground balance control. There should be a point (around where foil starts to be discriminated out) where the effects of the salt will be balanced out and the detector will be quite in use but this does depend on your keeping the coil level over the whole width of sweep. Unlike motion discrimination TR (non motion) makes a detector very "liffty" ie you must set to reject the salt at your normal coil detecting height and maintain that height at at times.

OP
OP

3pinplug

Apr 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Uk Brian,
Very intersting about the TR Disc, will carry out some air tests and find where the foil starts to go. Then will try this next time at the beach and let you know how you get on. Assuma s your Uk Brian your in the UK, me too am in the south east in Kent.
Regards
Mark

OP
OP

3pinplug

Apr 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brian,
What about the ground control, any idea if the range of it can be modded to compensate for the salt?
mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread