Whites Coinmaster 5900/DI

CoastalSChunter

Oct 5, 2011
Hello all

I just picked up an older Whites Coinmaster 5900/DI, however i can not find the owners Manuel for this one. I can find th 5900/DI pro plus but its not the same, as mine has a toggle switch under the meter and the one i looked @ on Whites site has a switch on the control unit itself, so im not sure if the controls are the same or what.
Does anybody know where to get owners Manuel for this unit?

Upvote 0

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You were there ! The Whites site. I have even gotten schematics from them. Friendly site. Frank

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I think the 5900 was simply a 6000, but without auto-track. So it'd be comparable to the 6000, as long as you're not in an environment where you'd need/want auto-track. So for example, it would do poorly on a wet salt beach, where you're meandering back and forth from the water's edge. Or mountainous regions going in and out of washes/gullies where mineral content changes. But if you're in a flat land region, it'd be like the 6000 in performance.

Does yours have the solid coil, or the flat wafer-like 950 coil (with the hole in the center). If you've got the older bouyant like solid coil, then you've got the earlier generation (pre "pro" generation). But if yours has the 950 loop, then perhaps you have the later Di pro generation of 5900.

They are still popular to this day. Very versatile. Depth wise they're out of date, but for all else, they're still popular.

OP
OP
C

CoastalSChunter

Oct 5, 2011
Tom, i have the older one with the all white coils the detector came with 3 extra coils, from about 5'' up to about 18''.
thanks Homefries, Whites got right back to me on the manuel, and mailed one to me, so great help from Whites!

littlebear

Jul 24, 2006
Elgin Texas
Detector(s) used
white 5900/DI Pro
Garrett GTA 1000 ultra
send me your email and ill send it to you. Ive been useing a 5900 di pro for a long time its a really good machine ive found stuff so deep it would blow your mind.
[email protected]
littlebear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions