Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: white's coinmaster classic 1

Uh, thanks everyone!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: white's coinmaster classic 1

I assume its the original model with the PP3 batteries. If so its old and not quite as good as the later version with the slimmer box and AA batteries.
Its limited it what it can do due to the lack of external controls as was the latest version.

Thats the extent of the bad news. On the plus side you have a light, well balanced machine with good battery life.
Very reliable and its one that can be left in the back of the car and will work fine when finally used.
Two filter which you can sweep at a reasonable speed to cover the ground or fairly slow in high rubbish areas. So your not tied to slow, as with some Minelabs, or fast as with the Whites XLT.
Think the frequency is 6.5 mark. So a reasonable choice for depth without loss of discrimination.

The ground conditions in your area are going to be the decider. The pre set ground control won't allow best performance if your on totally nuatral ground or an area of high mineralisation. I can't remember if there was a plug over the trimmer to allow adjustment to suit your ground. If not you could open the case and adjust it.
Spend more and you will get more versitility but if it is a good price it will provide a reliable back up and may even be your machine of choice on some sites such as ploughed fields.

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread