Whites CoinMaster Pro vs MXT Pro (Story not Comparo)

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Decided to go out tecting yesterday with my 10yo boy. On the way to a local park that keeps producing old coins/jewelry...

Son: Did you find that Indianhead with the detector you're using now (MXT Pro)?
Me: Yep!
Son: So I probably won't find Indianheads or wheats until I upgrade?
Me: (chuckling) No, you just need to pass your coil over the targets and you'll find em same as me. I found wheats and silver dimes with one you're using(Coinmaster Pro).
Son: Really? Cool!

Later that day he digs his first Wheatie. A 1935d. He was pretty stoked. After taking it home and cleaning it up, it was pretty trashed but he was no less happy!

Flash forward to today.
Getting ready to go out again...

Son: I'm gunna get Indianheads and Wheats today.
Me: Ok. I diggin silver!

We get to another park that keeps turning up older coins and he digs up an older memorial within 2mins of getting out of the truck. I dug a bottle cap.
5/6 more bottle caps later(for me) he comes over and tell me he needs the pro pointer...

Me: What you got?
Son: It says .50c @ 2in.
Me: Uh huh! Ok here ya go. (hand over PP)

He comes back over to me with a 1973 Kennedy Half!

A few more bottle caps(for me) later he comes back over for the PP again. Then promptly digs up a '44 Wheat.

Ok by this time I have >10 bottle caps and zero coins. He has found a half, a dime and a few pennies. One of them being a wheatie.

We continue hunting (me grumbling) for about an hour before he wants to go home (he lives w/mom).

As we're packing it in we compare finds. He's all smiles and really excited with his coin total. I found a part of an old octagon Mirus watch (back only). Hammer to a toy gun, a nice copper button, 4 pennies and about 20 bottle caps.

Me: Still think you need to upgrade?
Son: No, I just need to pass my coil over the targets!
Me: Yep!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good story, and great you can get out with your boy. He obviously know how to get the most out of that CMPro!
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread