Whites Comparisons?

cschiefs

Nov 28, 2009
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari :-)
White's Comparisons?

:help:

Would you all please elaborate a little to someone who knows absolutely nothing about detectors? From what I have read so far, I am interested in understanding what the differences are between Coinmaster and M6? What is the average price for these machines? Where would I trust to look into purchasing one and possibly even a used one?

Thanks for the input!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's Comparisons?

I hope others chime in to help you with this. You can go to the Whites website to compare the two's features. Most models from all manufactures differ a might in features just like cars have different options that chance the price from one to the other.

If you are looking at new prices, dealers have to sell at a set min price. Everyone! You can have a dealer offer extra's with an order which have inflated prices and are a value if you want them. Some dealers and mail order firms charge you for shipping while others do not. All this effects the price that comes out of your wallet or purse.

buying used is a gamble just like in buying a used car. But with detectors you have to wonder if the detector is so good, why aren't they keeping it for a back up or for a relative to use. If you can get it repaired, fine, but this adds to the cost. Most times Tesoro will repair things for free unlike all other manufactures, even for none first owners.

The absoulutely best place to purchase one is from a local dealer where you can visit and handle the detector before pulling out your cash or card. The one you planed on buying might not be the one you go home with. Taking it home with you means UPS didn't have a chance to toss the box around or even deliver it to the wrong house. I insist things are shipped to me by FedEx. The dealer will assemble it for you and test it for proper operation. If this isn't important to you, ask guys that bought from mail order firms. If you have any questions about your detector, the dealer would be glad to instruct you in proper settings.

OP
OP
C

cschiefs

Nov 28, 2009
Missouri
Detector(s) used

Sandman said:
I hope others chime in to help you with this. You can go to the Whites website to compare the two's features. Most models from all manufactures differ a might in features just like cars have different options that chance the price from one to the other.

If you are looking at new prices, dealers have to sell at a set min price. Everyone! You can have a dealer offer extra's with an order which have inflated prices and are a value if you want them. Some dealers and mail order firms charge you for shipping while others do not. All this effects the price that comes out of your wallet or purse.

buying used is a gamble just like in buying a used car. But with detectors you have to wonder if the detector is so good, why aren't they keeping it for a back up or for a relative to use. If you can get it repaired, fine, but this adds to the cost. Most times Tesoro will repair things for free unlike all other manufactures, even for none first owners.

The absoulutely best place to purchase one is from a local dealer where you can visit and handle the detector before pulling out your cash or card. The one you planed on buying might not be the one you go home with. Taking it home with you means UPS didn't have a chance to toss the box around or even deliver it to the wrong house. I insist things are shipped to me by FedEx. The dealer will assemble it for you and test it for proper operation. If this isn't important to you, ask guys that bought from mail order firms. If you have any questions about your detector, the dealer would be glad to instruct you in proper settings.

Thank you very much for the detailed response Sandman.

OP
OP
C

cschiefs

Nov 28, 2009
Missouri
Detector(s) used

Rando said:
That WAS a good response, sandman.

About all I can add to that is to start with a question:
How much are you willing to spend, and what are you going to be using the detector for, and how often?

In a just off the cuff response, I'd say if you were just doing parks, beaches, etc. looking for clad coins, some jewelry go with the coinmaster. The M6 is a step up all around, but will cost more.

The coinmaster should be between 170 to 190.00 depending, I'm not sure what the M6 goes for now, but it's probably twice that.
Most excellent - thank you. I do intend to seek coins/gold :icon_thumleft:
If the coinmaster is enough for that, then I am happy. Since I haven't ever used detectors, I was interested in what the difference was between those two.

OP
OP
C

cschiefs

Nov 28, 2009
Missouri
Detector(s) used

Thank you very much!! These explanations help very much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread