Whites DFX 300 and the beach

shooter

Mar 9, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have a dfx300 with the 12" coil and using the coin/beach program. It's driving me crazy on the beach. Tone ranges in one sweep are low rumbles all the way up to high pitched squeals. 99% are not repeatable. Finding quarters OK at 84 not much else. Would I be better off with a 6x10DD coil or maybe a 9"? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smaller the coil should be easier on the detector to be more stable id try it the dd coils r I think little better on beaches dont quote me know im not 100% on that but definetly worth a try

ArizFlash

Sep 19, 2008
North Central WA
Detector(s) used
Whites - V3 i , MXT Pro, XLT, IDX
Fisher F70, Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a dfx300 with the 12" coil and using the coin/beach program. It's driving me crazy on the beach. Tone ranges in one sweep are low rumbles all the way up to high pitched squeals. 99% are not repeatable. Finding quarters OK at 84 not much else. Would I be better off with a 6x10DD coil or maybe a 9"? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shooter: The 6x10 DD coil handles the wet salt better than the 12". Run in the Salt mode in the wet salt sand. Don't run the auto gronud balance. Lock it and re-ground balance occasionally.

The 12" coil should be okay in the dry sand if there are not too many targets under the coil. Use C&J or Relic modes. Disc at 2.5 to 3.5.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions