Whites DFX

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Shipped the DFX off a week or two ago for service...it was acting funny.
I thought I would give Whites a plug here because the customer service has been absolutely wonderful. I don't know if it was something I did or if it was the machine itself, but Customer Service in Sweet Home jumped in and fixed it. They honor the two year customer service on the machines and get the machines out in a timely fashion.
Whites, Whites, Whites. Buy Whites.

Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't beat Whites in my book. Tsgman

D

dubby90

Hey guys why we are talking about whites I need to ask a question. Want have an XLT, been working great for 3 years. I am ready to buy a new detector in the next couple of months and I need to know if spending the $1000 for the DFX is going to be worth it. How much more different can it be than my XLT which was $200 less. I need to know if the DFX is going to show a significant amount of difference than the XLT, any and all comments would be appreciated!!!! thanks in advance!!

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
dubby90 said:
Hey guys why we are talking about whites I need to ask a question. Want have an XLT, been working great for 3 years. I am ready to buy a new detector in the next couple of months and I need to know if spending the $1000 for the DFX is going to be worth it. How much more different can it be than my XLT which was $200 less. I need to know if the DFX is going to show a significant amount of difference than the XLT, any and all comments would be appreciated!!!! thanks in advance!!

1.) Newer Multi-frequency Technology
2.) Variable "Hot Rock" Rejection
3.) Software Selectable filtration

Source = Digging Depper with the DFX, by Jeff Foster

After you polish you machine up and sell it on Ebay, there should only be a $300-400 difference to cover. Or you can keep the XLT as a back-up ;D

OP
OP
Skrimpy

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
If I had it to do over again I would give Whites a call and see if they got any improvements coming down the pike for any of their detectors first. Then possibly wait until the newer models came out (if it were close to when they were going to release them). From what I understand also the newer XLTs have the mixed mode option (the earlier XLT I guess did not). I haven't really mastered it but I also understand using mixed mode can have huge advantages as far as depth over running in disc. especially with a program similar to the one in Jeff Fosters Digging Deeper book (I'm programming this one over Demo as soon as I get the thing back). In addition to the added depth and mixed mode the dual frequency is supposed to allow for better MDing in sand, so better balancing, less overloading, and erratic behavior at the beach which I hear from XLTers is common...The way I see it their company is top notch based on my experience so far with them so it may not matter which detector you get. I personally think the more tech. advanced you can get, probably the better, but you may find you don't have to spend so much money. Why not go to your local Whites dealer and see if they have any recommendations for which one you should get based on the types of places you like to detect and which types of objects you are hunting for most. It might help you make a better descision.

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I looked at the XLT, DFX, MXT, and chose the MXT,, money was not the issue, just the right machine for me, and I am totally satisfied. I AM brand loyal with White:)

Just my .50 cents worth

HH
MC

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
I agree with musclecar. Get what's right for you and the things you hunt for. A DFX will NOT let you down in any condition but there is a huge learning curve to mastering it, on the other hand, you can turn it on and go. I love the capability of hunting in two separate frequency's or both at the same time, and the 6 levels of filters, well that's another huge bonus in my book. Research will prevail. I will never buy anything but a Whites detector because of their customer service and the quality of detectors they sell. They will always be there for you through any situation. When I bought my surf pi pro, the folks in sweethome gave me every bonus item that the other guys were offering even though they had no specials going on at the factory.

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Dubby I to have a Specturm . It is okay but I haven't found much silver lately so I ordered a DFX. I kept my specturm for a back but I tradred my older Eagle sl[ 1989] A place called Prostock detectors , near Detroit gave me $275.00 off the sale price not the list price. Reel nice guy ,no fake. He is setting up two programs for me befor he sends it out. He has been at this for a long time and I think he knows his stuff. Good luck , if you love the hobby it is worth it.

OP
OP
Skrimpy

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
sparkymaster said:
When I bought my surf pi pro, the folks in sweethome gave me every bonus item that the other guys were offering even though they had no specials going on at the factory.
Same situation here. I was given an XLT for my birthday (after I told them not to buy me one), and returned it and got the DFX and the pinpointer when they were doing that deal...they were only offering it at authorized dealers but they gave it to me anyway just because i knew it was going on. Great company to do business with...although you are better off getting it from a dealer rather than the factory. They seem to want to sell in bulk to dealers, rather than individual detectors to one person so you can get a better deal from a dealer.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep..agreed! Whites customer service is great!

Nana ;)

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Great folks in Sweet Home, even though the word following 'Home' should be 'Chicago'. lol
Great product, wish I'd just bit the bullet and bought one first, not second. Well, at least I have one now! Lots to learn means lots of options in searching. Made the Feb. Customer's Stories board, too.

Tourezrick

F

falcon62

all the new gmt,mxt,lxt @ top brand are supposed to be upgraded already in e-series I got an MXT-E series and learned how to use it yet but,it has the coin@jewelry,relic @ prospecting its supposed to be as good as the top 1 they make cause was kinda structured after it it tooks years to make and perfect.works on 14 khz

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
Got to throw in another plug, MINELAB, just took my head unit in to readjust/replace for nother, not even ask about where i got it or how or whatever. Sandy at ML it awesome. Minelab it awesome.

Just a plug..

Lionhrt9

Starbuck

Dec 16, 2006
Browns Summit NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
The customer service is indeed AWESOME I have had a Garrett and it still works but my DFX will outperform it in every level. I will buy another White's when the time comes. - Starbuck

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Oh yeah ~ White's is the best! I've had my Spectrum XLT for about 8 years now ~ I've only had to take it to White's a couple times ~ they fix it ASAP and are super nice people! A few months ago my 14 year old son bought a used XLT ~ he's doing pretty good with it, but he loses interest pretty fast if he doesn't find good stuff right away!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I need to chime in here. I'm a whites fan too.

I'm just upgrading to an XLT from my Classic II. I was wondering. Is it possible to turn the display off and just go with
the audio on the XLT?

I like the surprise of digging up (whatever).

Thanks in advance!

Ridley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread