Whites Eagle Spectrum program

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I presume you guys mean the saltwater ocean beach (as opposed to lake beaches)? If so, just start with the factory preset beach programs.

1) Adjust the threshold tone and volume to tast.

2) The sens. may have to be dropped to about 50 for the wet salt. And lower still for really nasty minerals (you'll notice the sand color turns to gunpowder grey-ish, means mineralization). And in really bad minerals, you'll have to employ the low transmit option (I think that's what it's called). Be sure to re-ground balance after choosing that option.

3) in your disc. program, I think the factory preset accepts the #'s around 00, 01, 02, etc.... You might want to edit them out, because otherwise you'll get temporary annoying falses when going in and out of the ebbing surf (since those are the wet salt #s). By nixing out those #'s, it will stabilize it better when working in that zone. It's also possible that some really dainty white gold earing or something could also read that low, so you might want to just learn to recognize those momentary non-repeatable flutters, and keep the #'s edited in.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The coin, beech and jewelry program in the spectrum XLT is great. Get the settings from Whites technical help line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread