White's Egale programmable metal detector.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
I told Y'all about me going thru my old metal detecting stuff the other day, well today I found this antique.
The rechargeable batteries lasted for a whole 20 seconds long enough to see that the detector turned on and it seemed to work, so tomorrow I will invest in 4 C cell batteries & see what happens.
If anyone has one or used one, I'm open to suggestions.
The White's Garrett's, etc...................all the old detectors were built like a tanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2254.JPG
    IMG_2254.JPG
    644 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2255.JPG
    IMG_2255.JPG
    951 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    589.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2256.JPG
    IMG_2256.JPG
    565.5 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
detectorcowboy

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
P.S I stopped using the charger because it got Hot Hot

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I told Y'all about me going thru my old metal detecting stuff the other day, well today I found this antique.
The rechargeable batteries lasted for a whole 20 seconds long enough to see that the detector turned on and it seemed to work, so tomorrow I will invest in 4 C cell batteries & see what happens.
If anyone has one or used one, I'm open to suggestions.
The White's Garrett's, etc...................all the old detectors were built like a tanks.
True the White's detectors were built like tanks-weighed just as much.
The first one (family owned)the GoldMaster had no discrimination, just metal/mineral setting.

I can't recall if I had the Eagle programmable, might have then traded it in on a Golden Eagle ll SL
That one was a really great machine-signal-turn 90 degrees still a signal dig-coin. If it cut out-trash.

Lots of fond memories with the White's

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First machine I ever used was a Whites (63/66?) on a California beach. Kept me in hamburger and beer money until 1968 when I got drafted. When I got back home to SC in 1971 the second thing I did was buy a Whites!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread